Gigabit Ethernet Converter

Hi,

I wonder, is it possible to use USB Gigabit Ethernet Converter like this one: 

Roline USB 2.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Converter:  http://outmax.bg/dmz/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=21224&utm_source=shopmania&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=direct_link

To transform and upgrade the WDTV SMP with 1GBit LAN connection?

Thanks.

nope the USB cannot recognize USB WIFI or Ethernet adapters.
the Ethernet port supports WIFI adapters but it’s limited to the Megabit Ethernet ports speeds.

Oki, thank you.

What about with some ethernet media converter from 100Mbps to 1000Mbps?

Will this works?

It would help to know what you’re trying to accomplish.  Why woud you want to do this?

for better speed transfer, 100Mbit is somehow too slow when transfering 40GB + files

The WDTV is CPU-bound when copying files.  Even if it had a Gig-E built-in, it wouldn’t be much faster than 100 meg. 

The Hub DOES have Gig-E, but is only capable of about 110-140 megabits per second.

You’re far better off just unplugging the USB disk and taking it to your computer to load the media.

The Hub DOES have Gig-E, but is only capable of about 110-140 megabits per second.

Sorry what Hub you mean?

You’re far better off just unplugging the USB disk and taking it to your computer to load the media.

Yes i know, but i don’t want to move the storage.

The WDTV Live Hub.

Aha.

So WDTV around 10.5MB/s with 100Mbit LAN

while  WDTV Hub is doing around 15MB/s with 1000Mbit LAN

I.e. for 10x faster LAN capabilities in hub, its only 50% better transfer compared to non hub version.

But LAN connection will be better than WiFi i guess,

at least will be more stable and will keep constant speed compared to WiFi gamble speed.