Get My Cloud to show in Windows 10 File Explorer Network

Thanks again Bennor. Its strange because I had saved the downloaded file from prior, and was able to find it and install the My Cloud folder and all appears to be working as it was… My end goal was to have a folder on all my PC’s that acted like a google drive folder, so I can easily drop files from 1 pc, and pick it up on another PC using the same “My Cloud” folder. I’m still playing around with that, and not sure I have it working exactly the way it should… but time will tell.

Anyways, although I’m not able to see the My Cloud drives in the “Computer” section of Network, I was able to accomplish the same end goal (able to browse the file structure) and get the devices to show up properly in the bottom under the “Storage” section. I have 2 my cloud devices (a single bay unit, and a PR2100), and on 1 pc, the single bay unit actually showed the My Cloud icon correctly and allowed me to right click, choose open, and it would display the file structure - same as when it showed up in the “computer” section.

After setting up other computers - I was never able to see the proper icons again in the “storage” section, and although it said My Cloud - there were no usable options when right clicking except to open the IP website of the device - there was NO way to browse the file system.

I was able to fix this and have BOTH of my My Clouds show their proper icons, and now when I right click, it gives me an “OPEN” option in the context menu, and allows me to browse the file structure perfectly. All I did was go to DEVICE MANAGER, and under SOFTWARE DEVICES, I found both My Cloud devices. I right clicked on each one, and UPDATED the driver (Search Windows Automatically) and it found a driver and auto-updated it. This caused the device to be moved from that “software device” and put into its own “Western Digital NAS” section. This also updated the icons to show my actual device in the storage section, and now when I right click, it works perfectly.

Hopefully this helps someone else out.