Get "Cover Infos" changes Filename

Hi together!

I have lot of movies which I puted on my WD TV Live Hub. The Filnames and the movies are in german, now my big problem, when I get the Infos (under Option) to load the cover, the filnames change from the german title to the original english title, which I don’t want, because I can’t recognize the movies, because I only know the german titels. Why can’t I just load the cover without any changes at the filename?! Is there any solution?

…and the WD TV Live Hub REMOTE don’t have volume control?! …oh man, why, and can’t WD change that with a new firmware?

Thanx a lot!

Best wishes!

Andy

If you have the lastest firmware, you can try using Clear Media LIbrary.  This usually reverts the name back to the file name (it is actually a bug in the current firmware). 

If that doesn’t seem to work, you can try changing the name in the .xml.

Andyyy wrote:

…and the WD TV Live Hub REMOTE don’t have volume control?! …oh man, why, and can’t WD change that with a new firmware?

There are no volume buttons on the WD remote because it outputs to either your TV or your audio amplifier/receiver via passthrough. A new firmware can not change this. It would require WD to make a new remote with learning capability so you could program the buttons with your TV or stereo remote. Not gonna happen. I use a Marantz unified learning remote to control all my A/V equipment and the factory remotes go in a drawer. I even have the Live Hub’s remote programmed into it.

Thanx for ure answers!

I have tried to change the name in the “xml” under “title”, but it dosent work, also after a restart of the hub the old title shows up. And when I clear the media library I also lost all Movie-Covers or not? Because I want they to show up.

Thanx a lot!

No, the Cover art should remain, it only affects the title.

Tinwarble wrote:

No, the Cover art should remain, it only affects the title.

Correction:   It affects the whole media library (the COVER ART isn’t stored in the library anymore).   So, once you clear the media library, you will no longer be able to SEARCH or FILTER by the items that were  in the media library (Titles, Director / Actor / Genre, etc.)

Where that is true about the Search/Fitler, the Director/Actor/Genre, etc, do still appear, as does the Cover Art, which is what I meant when I said that it only affects the title.  That is the  only change you will notice when you view the file.

There is also away around this, by rolling back to version 2.02.19, which did not have THIS issue and you could actually change the title in the xml so that it would be what ever you wanted it to be.

I know what’s causing this. When you use the get content info option, the hub makes an entry in an xml file in the other partition of the hub’s hard drive (can’t be accessed using the hub but can be accessed by connecting it to the PC) named movie.xml in the metadata folder which contains the title of the video with its corresponding filename. I suppose that the information contained in that xml file is the one the hub is using when showing the title of the video instead the filename. But with this current firmware, using the delete content info and clear media library option doesn’t delete that entry in the xml file so the filename you are using is linked to the title so as long as you are using that filename in the same folder, that video will show that title. One option you can do is to rename the filename of that video or rename the folder that it contains so it won’t be linked to that title. Another option you can do which is not recommended but that’s what I did after connecting the hub’s hard drive to my PC is to edit the xml file and delete the entry of that video.

Sample entry in that xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

AvatarActionfile:///tmp/media/usb/Local/WDTVLiveHub/Movies/Avatar (2009).mkv

Once having read the entire topic, I now understand why I am having a similar issue.

Only this time it is with DVD home movie of my grandkids.  I followed the advice on adding  a cover pic and editing the .xml file downloaded in the options search for any movie title.  This worked great. except the name that shows is the original movie and not the name I want.  The edited info shows up nicely in the Info section and the new .jpeg of the grandkids is there, with the wrong name. If only they made a movie with my grandkids name, I would be golden…lol.

There must be a way to change the file name in this hidden partion.  

Can anyone help? 

Hi and thanx a lot for your help!

Unfortunately, nothing changes when I “clear the library”. When I restart the hub, the same original english titel shows up, it dosent go back to the german titel… and I also cant find the movie.xml via pc on the hub to change the title manuell… maybee they are some other possibilities?

best whises!

What firmware version do you have?

Andyyy wrote:

Hi and thanx a lot for your help!

Unfortunately, nothing changes when I “clear the library”. When I restart the hub, the same original english titel shows up, it dosent go back to the german titel… and I also cant find the movie.xml via pc on the hub to change the title manuell… maybee they are some other possibilities?

best whises!

I edited my previous post for better understanding so check it out but just as I said in my previous post even before editing, one option you can do is to rename the filename of that video. Changing/adding a single letter will do. Or you can rename the folder that it contains if you are dealing with a lot of videos. Using that current filename in its current folder will always give you that title.

Yes sir :)!

It worked very well when I load the infos and then copy the movie to an other place, then I have my own titel again and the cover/infos are still available! thanks a lot for this solution!

Just 1 question left, is it possible to load the cover/infos for multiple movies or must I load the cover/infos for each movie separate? I tried with the function “multiple selection” but then I dont have the possibility to select “get infos”.

thanx a lot!

Best wishes!

Andyyy wrote:

Yes sir :)!

It worked very well when I load the infos and then copy the movie to an other place, then I have my own titel again and the cover/infos are still available! thanks a lot for this solution!

Just 1 question left, is it possible to load the cover/infos for multiple movies or must I load the cover/infos for each movie separate? I tried with the function “multiple selection” but then I dont have the possibility to select “get infos”.

thanx a lot!

Best wishes!

I think you have to do that seprately. Each movie has its own seprate cover/infos.