"Get Content Information"

Hi guys, new to the forum here. Just purchased a WDTV Live Streaming Media Player a few days ago. I’ve been trying to find an answer to this question with no luck… So I figured I would make a post.

I’m wondering where the WDTV media player gathers it’s content information from?

I’m going to assume that it pulls the data from the internet some where? Perhaps a private database of some sort?

When I run “Get Content Info” does any information regarding my media files go to Western Digital or a third party?

So yeah, I pretty much want to know how the content gathering works and if anyone other than me is seeing what content I am gathering for my device or what files I am using.

Thanks in advance.

The WD TV SPM (and the hub) get the media info from:

www.themoviedb.org

You can add others locations of you wish to. WD does not have access to your files not does the page from where the device gathers the information, so, you do not need to worry about your movies/TV shows.

:dizzy_face:

Thanks for the response.

1.) What site does WD use to get TV show information from? I forgot to check the XML file this morning. It does not do separate artwork for individual episodes like it does for TV shows I noticed.
2.) Is there a specific way to label TV shows that is best for the WD player?
3.) How do I add other locations? I.e. Different sites where I can ‘get content info’ from?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

So how do I add other meta locations for content info?