Games always freeze on WD Black D30 SSD on pc

Hi everyone, I recently ran out of a lot of storage on my internal storage on my gaming laptop, so I bought myself a WD D30 SSD to move some of my games to. It’s not insanely slow, running at about 900mb/s from my testing

The games usually run fine for a while but every once in a while they will freeze for up to about 10-15 seconds. I tried a lot of fixes, such as using WD software to scan the drive for any sort of issues, I upgraded the cable to a much faster USB-C one (which while it increased the speeds by quite a large bit, it didn’t help me very much with the issue).

The games I’m running aren’t insanely intensive and run fine normally, I play games such as the original doom, all the way to Ancestors The HumanKind Odyssey (which I believe is the most modern game on the drive, and it runs fine until it gets the same issue as the other games)

Running games internally works fine. Sometimes when I save files to the drive, the same issue takes place. I’ve spent a lot of time researching online to no solution, hopefully you guys can help me.

My pc is the Asus Tuf Gaming A17 2021 model with the following specs

Ryzen 7 5800h octa-core cpu

16gb ddr4 3200mhz so-dimm RAM

RTX 3060 mobile gpu

512gb boot ssd (I don’t know the speed of this one)

WD Blue SN550 1tb at 2400MB/s

Windows 10 home 64 bit

Thank you!

Hi @HumanHand123,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask