Gallery Moviesheet/Thumbnail Trick

one BIG question Drizz?

or anyone else- how can we get rid of annoying folder Icon from the view shown in your TV photo on first post ?? the green little one :angry:

Well just with my “very” limited time having a tinker…

My tip to you would be, make a copy of a theme you are using, and look in the image folder, there you will see all the artwork in .png format.

One of the files is called gallery_view_metadata_no_art_folder.png

There is a thread on here about it, they recommend you lighten it or shrink it down.

I just found some bluray cases I liked and changed the sizes to the same sizes as the ones in the theme. Then replaced them. It looks rubbish to be honest, I’m still trying to think of something better to have there, but since they pop up on every folder/drive as such, its trying to find something that looks good, and tells the story.

To completely get rid of them, all you have to do is to open the views .xml file and delete the lines that start:

<wrapper y=“460” w=“114” h=“161” align=“hcenter” scale=“100” scale_type=“fixratio” selected_scale=“100”>
      <image image=“thumb_folder_icon://th0” default_image=“@@thumb_folder_0_default_image” x=“147” active=“@@act-browselist-0” disable=“@@folder_disable_0” />

and

<wrapper y=“452” w=“126” h=“179” align=“hcenter” scale=“100” scale_type=“fixratio” selected_scale=“100”>
      <image image=“thumb_folder_icon://th0” default_image=“@@thumb_folder_0_default_image” x=“141” active=“@@act-browselist-0” disable=“@@folder_f_disable_0” />

Tinwarble wrote:

To completely get rid of them, all you have to do is to open the views .xml file and delete the lines that start:

<!--folder thumbnail -->
<wrapper y="460" w="114" h="161" align="hcenter" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" selected_scale="100">
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th0" default_image="@@thumb_folder_0_default_image" x="147" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@folder_disable_0" />

and

<!--folder thumbnail_f -->
<wrapper y="452" w="126" h="179" align="hcenter" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" selected_scale="100">
<image image="thumb_folder_icon://th0" default_image="@@thumb_folder_0_default_image" x="141" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@folder_f_disable_0" />

unfortunately neither of these sections exist in the rv_gallery_browse_page.xml file. Any other ideas? Here is the code:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<page background="./image/background.jpg">
<ctrlgrp>
<include filename="./rv_multi_edit_ctrls.xml"/>
<include filename="./rv_browse_common_ctrls.xml"/>
<linebreak/>
<listbox valkey="browselist" move="row" cols="7" rows="1" lbmask="ud" loop_scroll="1" _trigger="1" turbo_multi="1" autoenter="1" fixed_scrolling_col="3" hormove="1" />
</ctrlgrp>
<image image="@@poster" x="80" y="85" w="1133" h="300" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio"/>
<widgetghost valkey="marquee" x="0" y="0" w="0" h="0" ctrlname="browselist" step="1">
<wrapper y="408" w="145" h="213" scale="100" scale_type="pan" align="right" >
<image name="th0" image="@@browse_0_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_0" x="80" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_0"/>
<image name="th1" image="@@browse_1_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_1" x="242" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_1"/>
<image name="th2" image="@@browse_2_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_2" x="403" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_2"/>
<image name="th3" image="@@browse_3_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_3" x="565" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_3"/>
<image name="th4" image="@@browse_4_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_4" x="727" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_4"/>
<image name="th5" image="@@browse_5_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_5" x="889" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_5"/>
<image name="th6" image="@@browse_6_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_6" x="1052" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_6"/>
</wrapper>
<wrapper y="385" w="185" h="263" scale="100" scale_type="pan" align="right" >
<image name="th0_f" image="@@browse_0_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_0" x="61" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_0"/>
<image name="th1_f" image="@@browse_1_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_1" x="223" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_1"/>
<image name="th2_f" image="@@browse_2_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_2" x="384" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_2"/>
<image name="th3_f" image="@@browse_3_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_3" x="548" active="@@act-browselist-3" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_3"/>
<image name="th4_f" image="@@browse_4_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_4" x="708" active="@@act-browselist-4" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_4"/>
<image name="th5_f" image="@@browse_5_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_5" x="870" active="@@act-browselist-5" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_5"/>
<image name="th6_f" image="@@browse_6_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_6" x="1033" active="@@act-browselist-6" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_6"/>
</wrapper>
</widgetghost>
<include filename="./rv_multi_edit_widgets_for_gallery.xml"/>
<text x="191" y="665" w="900" h="20" text="@@browse_text" fontsize="20" textcolor="0xaaaaaa" align="hcenter" speed="1" delay="2"/>
</page>

@drizzt09

How would I go about creating a selection box round the thumbnails. I find the text selection hard to see, and I want to get rid of the text ultimately.

Thanks.

Hi,

Trying to get rid of the folder icons but which xml do I look at

Thanks

thats the question drizzt09 is asking Joey mate.

drizzt09 wrote:>  unfortunately neither of these sections exist in the rv_gallery_browse_page.xml file. Any other ideas? Here is the code:

Hey drizzt09,

Yes, the “rv_gallery_browse_page.xml” doesn’t have those lines, and shouldn’t show any folder icons for the “Gallery” view.  I believe that you may be in “Large” view, in which case you need to look at the “rv_large_video_browse_page.xml”.  I know this because if you look at the xml, the thumbnails only have 1 “y” position, which means that all the thumbnails are on one line.  But the pic shows a 3 X 3 thumbnail formation.  It’s not that you  can’t find them, it’s that you are looking in the wrong xml.

If the views .xml doesn’t have the folder lines in them (or in an “include” xml the the view xml has in it) then the folder overlay icons will not display.

The exact line you are looking for is:

Delete these lines and the folder icons will go away.

TW

I don’t know mate, this Theme only has a small selection of Xml files, I have just been though most of them checking for the word folder, and it is not in any of them.

Is it not a case of an Xml being created then edited, as the defualt seems to be hardwired into the firmware, for example if you delete the images folder out of a displaying theme, then it defaults back to Moochi but with missing pictures (as I just tried) ?

As in, if there is nothing there, then it shows the default black with green folder.

Also this theme does not have a Gallery folder, so the icons we want to remove must be hardwired ?

Edit : Just found a dirty way to do it, create a Gallery folder, and drop

video_browse_gallery_thumbnail_holder_f.png

video_browse_gallery_thumbnail_holder.png

Both 152 x 190 and 2.83kb big…

Into it, I robbed them from another theme, and it seems to have blanked them out.

wdtvhub,

That’s only if the xml doesn’t exist in the theme.  If you downloaded the JSMod.rar HERE, which is the last upload Joey did for this theme, then you will find the “rv_large_browse_page.xml”.

And if a theme doesn’t have the xml for the view you are trying to modify, then you need to copy it from the OSD (Mochi) theme from the firmware that you are using and paste it in the theme folder, then edit it.  If you delete the lines, then those images will NOT appear.

Tinwarble wrote:

Yes, the “rv_gallery_browse_page.xml” doesn’t have those lines, and shouldn’t show any folder icons for the “Gallery” view.  I believe that you may be in “Large” view, in which case you need to look at the “rv_large_video_browse_page.xml”.  I know this because if you look at the xml, the thumbnails only have 1 “y” position, which means that all the thumbnails are on one line.  But the pic shows a 3 X 3 thumbnail formation.  It’s not that you  can’t find them, it’s that you are looking in the wrong xml.

If the views .xml doesn’t have the folder lines in them (or in an “include” xml the the view xml has in it) then the folder overlay icons will not display.

As you can see my default view for movies is Gallery.

Then when I click on “Videos” from the homescreen we all seem to be seeing this same green folder icon above the row of genre folders [avove ACTION for mine]:

Once I click on Action I get moviesheets which indicates Im still in Gallery:

Any other ideas?

Edit : Just found a dirty way to do it, create a Gallery folder, and drop

video_browse_gallery_thumbnail_holder_f.png

video_browse_gallery_thumbnail_holder.png

Both 152 x 190 and 2.83kb big…

Into it, I robbed them from another theme, and it seems to have blanked them out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gb6gar18k08uxsn

Both files inside a Gallery folder

That’s not the overlay folder that’s displayed on top of the thumbnails.   That’s the default folder icon for “poster”, there’s a difference.

All you really have to do is to go in to the image folder of the theme and the edit the “video_gallery_thumbnail_folder.png”, which I believe is the right one, and make it transparent.  Although there are severl icons & I may have to get back to you on which one it is.

Ok mate, its worked anyway.

We dont see the overlay on the thumbs anyway with this Theme, its the Thumbnail up top we were on about.

Well I have to make and edit, the actual images that you need to make transparent is “gallery_view_metadata_no_art_folder.png” and “gallery_view_metadata_bg.png” in the image/gallery folder.

wdtvhub,

Yeah, I think that maybe I was a little off  anyway.  The only image that I had seen that showed folder icons is this one HERE,  which is the one I assumed needed the folders removed.  So I guess I may have to eat a little crow on this one.:smileyvery-happy:

However, the images that you listed as being the one’s that needed to be edited are actually the background images for the thumbnails, the poster default image doesn’t have a focused & unfocused image.  Editing the 2 I have above by making them transparent will keep those images from being displayed.

The 2 images that you have listed are actually controled by these lines"

<wrapper y=“456” w=“122” h=“169” align=“hcenter” scale_type=“fixratio” scale=“100” selected_scale=“100”>

Which are not in this themes gallery xml either.  Just FYI.

Sorry for all the confusion.

What ?.. :slight_smile: only kidding.

Yip clear as mud to me, I just see numbers in these Xml files, make no sesnse to me at all.

Im happy with the way that looks.

My next visual annoyance is the Internal/External storage icons.

I have the WDTV and 2 1Tb’s plugged in, I just made 2 new folder.jpgs for Films 1 and Films 2, which are USB 1 and USB 2. But the jpgs won’t show up… ? I have a 2tb external and 300 Gb share from my PC and both those show up. I understand I have to have a default USB icon to click through but why does the folder.jpg not show up on the internal and 2 plugged in USB drives.

USB1 -

Films_01

- Folder.jpg…

etc…

help please i have managed to get icons up but when i put a movie in with a jpg the icons change to the movies thumbnail and is un focused what am i doing wrong 

lilco wrote:

help please i have managed to get icons up but when i put a movie in with a jpg the icons change to the movies thumbnail and is un focused what am i doing wrong 

You have 2 options:

Action [Folder, can be named anything]

– folder.jpg [folder image]

– movie1.mkv

– movie1.xml

– movie1.jpg [moviesheet]

– movie2.mkv

– movie2.xml

– movie2.jpg [moviesheet]

Action [Folder, can be named anything]

– folder.jpg [folder image]

– Action.xml [1 xml for the whole folder and must have the exact same name as the folder]

– movie1.mkv

– movie1.jpg [moviesheet]

– movie2.mkv

– movie2.jpg [moviesheet]

Let me know which one you are trying to achieve and we can get into more depth of what is needed to achieve this.

i am trying to get the second one i have made a folder say action one then made folder.jpg the folder icon comes up but as soon as i put a movie in with jpg the picture icon change to the thumbnail and is distorted any ideas 

sounds like TG is generating your another folder.jpg overwriting the one u currently have there. remove chackmarks in TG to revent that