Gallery Moviesheet/Thumbnail Trick

the runtime is still at the right side

i juste move it a little bit to the left to enlarge it

sorry if im being noobish but how do i move it to the left? my thumbgens running on a vm so its a little bit quirky

I don’t understand

My version of template do this automatically

Hi,

please, can anyone tell me, how i get the big movie picture on the moviesheet on the left side? - is that a thumbgen

option…

thanx

gerd

for some reason it wasnt working, but iv figured out thumbgen designer somewhat and managed to move it over :slight_smile: and gerdk, in thumbgen, go to the bottom left and click backdrops, theyre in there :slight_smile:

joey!!

This is Truly an OUTSTANDING PIECE OF DESIGN WORK for the somewhat LIMITED FIRMWARE OF THE HUB!!! 

BUT YOU’VE DONE A MASSIVE THEME HERE WHICH I’M SURE LOTS OF PEOPLE WILL ENJOY.

without trying to be over zealous though, hehe.

I do concur with FIRETIX’s very valid criticsm of the firmware and his great point upon the REAL NEED FOR  the ‘moviesheet option’ being worked into the firmware, as this is so frustrating for people like me and many others whereby this choice is one of substantial limitations.

BTW i am not a themer cos of my limited knowledge, but since buying the hub and joining the forum, i have started to learn about the overall theming concept, BUT for you, who obviously has the knowledge, this current firmware has basically brought you back to your initial starting point/ concept- IE ONE MOVIESHEET FOR ALL VIEWS!!

Despite all this a BIG thanks for all your efforts Joey- OH and how’s the big move going?

ATB

Incredible job!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

For me now the crucial point is WD make folder metadata and moviesheets working, as i have every film in each folder…

Hi Joey

Having difficulty generating movie sheet with your font styles!

Spent ages messing around and thumbgen designer doesn’t recognise your styles- Aeon Player, Aeon Main!!

I’ve tried to just change the font through thumbgen designer using a more standard font, like arial narrow, but to no avail. At present all moviesheets are generated with what would appear arial (standard).

The reason i’ve been persistent in changing the font is to keep it as narrow condensed as possible so as to maximise number of text characters across the sheet.

Can you advise or anyone else?/

cheers, Paul

OH one last thing- lets say i generate moviesheets for 100+ films, (which would take some time), but lets say for whatever reason i wanted to change them in the future- Is there any easy way to accommodate this future change whilst generating first set of moviesheets!?!

hope so- would take ages to do them again :frowning:

I think these are the fonts you need installed on your pc .   (C:\Windows\Fonts)

http://hotfile.com/dl/112288537/d4a87b4/Fonts.rar.html

As for bulk/batch re-processing sheets… make sure you have “Metadata” ticked when grabbing the movie info and pics.

(“Metadata” file is actually a ZIP file with all the info and pics inside)

So when you want to quickly change sheets … click Process and select “From Metadata” 

More Reading here:

http://thumbgen.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63:art-metadata&catid=35:faq-general&Itemid=54

2 Likes

Thanks again for dedicating your time to making this, easily the best and fastest theme iv used :slight_smile: i have however one niggle that id like to resolve if possible, some of my movies have quite long names, and long descriptions, causing them to be cut off on the movie sheet? i can shorten the description but the title doesnt look very nice only thing spoiling it for me :S

also this is doing my head in i cant seem to make it change, tried dropping a folder.jpg in the movies folder with no luck

If you are talking about your folder.jpg … getting ‘Duplicated Twice’  ?

If so, please read again the part “Important Note About List View”

The Original post is on Page 7. 

patateman

how dyou make sheets for tv show i seriously dont get it at all

yeah i did see that sorry, is there a workaround? also on previous page i noted that some of the film titles are cut off on the moviesheet due to their length, is there a way to remedy this? thanks again for great theme :slight_smile:

Hey, I really love the theme. I am having troubles with some items as well though. First, it would be great if there were some workaround for making a thumbnail or movie sheet for folders that looks good. Everything I try makes them look terrible and it really detracts from the theme. Second, when using playon through DLNA the icons and such aren’t customisable so it would be awesome if the view could be only active on local content or network shares and it would default to a standard thumbnail view for media servers. I don’t know if either of those things is possible but the problems with some of the content looking bad makes the whole theme lose a lot of polish.

BTW, what are the proper dimensions for folder thumbnails? I can’t get them to even fit the box right…even if they don’t show up like moviesheets it would look much better if they weren’t chopped in half.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work. I love were this particular theme is heading. I like the idea of keeping it simple and that is the main draw for me. I don’t want individual folders with multiple structures. I wish the people at WD would change the automated tool to create a similar setup to this without the backdrops slowing everything down.

I redid my folder icons, delete the thumbnail folder from the live, reboot, replace  and then they looked fine.  I also found that the size really didnt matter, seems the Live resizes it anyway.  I was using 120x180 but then I switched to something like 326x500, they look crisp and clear.  I also put a glass overlay on them to make them look a bit nicer.

I wish we could use a ‘folder.png’  file for the folder.jpg  .  I put this in as a request so if you’d care  to give me a thumbs up it’d be appreciated.

THANKS JOEY- FONT PROBLEM SORTED.

JUST GONNA MAKE SOME MINOR MODS FOR PERSONAL PREFERENCE, ITS TAKING ME AGES THOUGH GOING THROUGH IT SLIGHTLY BLIND AND LOOKING AT OTHER MSHEETS.

Hey Joey, Just loaded yours last night. I have now modified your TG Template to fit my likings a little more, Thanks for the theme and the base template.

I will be modifying again to match but to support TV and post later.

Two problems I am having with the actual theme though.

1. When viewing music and seeing all the music in a folder

Music [viewing this folder is fine]

— OST [viewing this folder shows the images but the image is cut in half and the top half is duplicated in the top and bottom]

------ nightmare before xmas [viewing this folder shows the big image to the right but the image is cut in half and the top half is duplicated in the top and bottom… except the bottom one is in the middle of the screen instead to the right]

------ corpse bride

------ tangled

1. Once opening “Videos” I have my folders… Movies, HD Movies, Exercise, TV Series, Kids Movies, Temp Movies

Above these folders is a giant image of a folder… any way to remove this?

Been away for just over a week only to come back to find this release.

I am truely speechless Joey, this is an amazing piece of work. Your theme is going to be popular thats for sure…

Only limitation for me personally is that it doesn’t work for movies in individual folders. Otherwise i might have even switched from using my own theme to yours its that good.

Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

You certainly have pushed the boundaries of what i was thought was possible at the time i discovered the moviesheet trick and along with firetix worked on.

Kudos to you Joey…

Funny thing is that one of your views is very similar to an idea i had whilst sitting on the plane about using wide thumbnails to solve the ‘no thumbnail’ issue. i will post more about my idea on my thread.

My slight modifications for Joeys templates

Movie:

TV:

If anyone is interested in them, they can be found here.

*Update*: If you are missing the IMDB and runtime images its because they are located in the “common” folder and you do not have the latest  ExtremeMix Mega Hub Theme Pack 3.0 installed to your templates directory. Another alternative for these 2 files is extract  this and place in ThumbGen\Templates\Common\Images\ folder. If you dont have these folders, create them. [thanks mbyte]