G-Speed Software Utility opens no windows

My G-Speed Shuttle XL TB3 connected to iMac Pro suffered a power supply failure a few months ago (there was no power failure on the grid). During the troubleshooting period the software utility launched but no windows opened. The menu bar only showed G-SPEED Software Utility | Window | View | Help, and both Window and View menu items were grayed out. Hence, I couldn’t read any disk health data using the utility, nor read the logs.

WD gladly replaced the enclosure for me, and the disks mounted without any rebuilding process (as far as I could hear). But the software behavior remained the same, even after reinstalling. I thought the enclosure might have corrupted the logs of the software, so I trashed the application again and deleted everything that I could find that contained WD, HGST and G-Speed:
Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Frameworks⁩ ▸ ⁨GSpeed2.framework⁩
‎⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Frameworks⁩ ▸ ⁨libcurl.framework⁩

After reinstalling, the software still doesn’t open any windows. On a Macbook Pro, the software works though.

Any idea how to perform a clean removal?

BTW, I think the software is dumping error logs in the root directory, if that helps:

Filename: DriverPowerState
01/02/2019 01:12:24 [È∑øêˇˇ:1072:123145383071744] [/Users/patrick/Desktop/Pegasus/HGST/SW/sw/NSSG/SW/Development/IslaVista_sw/software/i2client/inband.c:3594] mac_getInterface(), create interface (service 8723) failed -536870210, waiting 0.31 second

Filename: e
01/02/2019 00:23:20 [DriverPowerState:64196:123145438965760] [/Users/patrick/Desktop/Pegasus/HGST/SW/sw/NSSG/SW/Development/IslaVista_sw/software/i2client/inband.c:3594] mac_getInterface(), create interface (service 8459) failed -536870210, waiting 2.73 second

Filename: SITaskLib.plugin
01/02/2019 00:27:39 [tents/PlugIns/SCSITaskLib.plugin:64196:123145438965760] [/Users/patrick/Desktop/Pegasus/HGST/SW/sw/NSSG/SW/Development/IslaVista_sw/software/i2client/inband.c:3594] mac_getInterface(), create interface (service 8479) failed -536870210, waiting 4.74 second

In the software menu at the top click on check for updates and it should run a software and firmware update and it should solve the issue.

Also just to make sure you have the correct software you need this one: G-Speed Shuttle TB3 Software Utility

I’m having this same issue, but check for updates says everything is up to date. Running on macOS 10.13.6 just download the app for the first time, it launches but no windows open. Any thoughts?

Hiya,

I’m running on 10.15.7 now (Catalina) and just updated to G-SPEED Software Utility ver 2.00.5200.32. This version also provides a firmware update. All seems to run normally again.

Same here, software has no windows and menu bar also greyed out window | view. However it was running perfectly fine few hours ago white it was rebuilding my RAID-5. It got stuck on 99% for approximately 6 hours and all windows of G-Speed Software Utility became blank. Immediately “Finder” froze. I tried to force quit and restart Finder but no luck. Had to reboot iMac.
After restart G-Speed drive is not visible at all, however in System Report/Thunderbolt it recognizes connection. DIsk Utility sees it as UNMOUNTED and not able to mount it.
G-Speed is not showing any windows after restart. I tried as mentioned above to run update firmware. It says everyting up to date ( I had ver 2.00.5200 ) running. Redownloaded from G-Speed and intallled new one. Same story with ver 3.00.5200.06(C04).
Intsalled G-RAID Software on a macbook pro (macOS 11.5.2)and macbook air (macOS 10.13.6) (these two never had g-raid connected to them previously) and same story with no windows.

I am running macOS 10.15.7 on iMac now with G Software ver 3.00.5200.06(C04).

Does anyone know how to fix it? I dont have any more computers to try on…

Would love to get any input from anyone who might have had similar issue. I contacted G-Tech (WD) and they were no help at all.
Any suggestions welcome!

Still having issue and no response from WD/G-Tech.

So far I have tried to discover and format the drive via build it mac utilities, all attempts unsuccesful.

I tried to acces it via terminal gspeed2util. Utility works but as soon as I plug in my drive it freezes until I unplug it.

Does anyone has any recommendations on how to get response from G-Tech?