G-Speed es on Mac 10.12 compatible

I have 3 G-Speed es drives that worked with Mac OS 10.9. After an update to Mac OS 10.12 the drives show up as unrecognizable volumes. Looking to see if these G-Speed drives are compatible with the new Mac OS 10.12 Sierra.

The issue is that Highpoint the maker of the RAID controller card you’re using the RocketRAID 2314 has stopped supporting that card since 10.9.

Any OS over 10.10.x will now require a newer controller card to replace the 2314. The card you need now is the Highpoint 644L.

Ok. Thank you for the quick response

I just updated as well. Downloaded the HighPoint 644L and it will not connect to G Speed es RAID config.
Tried all the trouble shooting tips from HighTail and no luck.
Need to start a project on Monday.
Hoping to get answers from G-Tech or HighPoint this weekend.
Thanks.

Make sure you got the actual 644L RAID controller, not the HBA.

644L RAID controller

This is what I have.
The HighPoint GUI is not communicating with the G-Speeds.
The RAID will not mount and I cannot access any media on the RAID since I have updated to OS 10.12.
Everything else is working fine. It looks like the GUI wants to connect… it says the port is blocked.

Greg

Greg,

If it is saying port blocked then you will need to open the ports or change them. You will need to get assistance from Highpoint for that.

How do you open the port?
BTW… I am upgrading my system and looking at RAID solutions.
Are the new TB G-Tech RAID products using the HighPoint GUIs?
You can never get anyone to respond at HighPoint, also not a big fan of HighPoint.
Liked it better when G-Tech had their own web communication tools.

Greg Berger
Producer/Editor/Colorist
bergervideo.com

The newest version of our G-Speed line using a built in RAID controller and its own configuration software. It does not use an external RAID controller like the older eS and eS Pro units did.