G-Safe Suddenly doesn't mount

I have an old G-Safe 500GB RAID1 that I’ve used for years to ‘file’ stuff away on. Suddenly it no longer mounts to my Mac mini or MacBook Pro and can not be used on my network at all. Here’s what I know. The drive does not mount or show up in finder. It is connected to the MacBook Pro via firewire 800. It does show up in the About this MAC & in Disk Utility. In disk utility the drive is greyed out but it does show as G-SAFE R AID-1 V.36.B12 Media. It shows that it all the space is ‘used’ on the drive which is not accurate. Owner is also ‘disabled’ When I run first add I get a message stating ‘First Aid process has failed. If possible back up the data on this volume. Click done to continue.’
The details screen shows this:
Repairing file system.
Checking Journaled HFS Plus volume.
Invalid B-tree node size
The volume G-SAFE could not be verified completely.
File system check exit code is 8.
Updating boot support partitions for the volume as required.
File system verify or repair failed.
Operation failed…

I can not mount the drive. I’m thinking I need to update firmware or a driver on the mac’s but can not locate any information in the support sections here or elsewhere.

The issue would be with the partition on the drive. Your best option since it still shows up in Disk Utility is to use a more powerful repair utility. We recommend Disk Warrior as it has the best chance at being able to rebuild your drive back to what it was.