G-Raid Thunderbolt 3 Windows 10 correctly installed?

I want to make sure that my drive is optimally installed as Windows 10 tends to force it’s own drivers on to hardware. It is connected and operating normally but I want to ensure the best drivers are installed and assigned for optimal speed.

I have configured this as RAID 1 and it’s installed via the TB3 port.

I installed the Marvell drivers before attaching the drive but once it was attached, those drivers were never invoked so I manually added them as new hardware via the Device Manager and now under System Devices I see Marvell 91xxConfig Device, Marvell Raid Virtual Device and Marvell Unify Configuration.

In Device Manager :
Under Disk Drives I see G-Raid with Thunderbolt using a Microsoft default disk driver.
Under IDE ATA/ATAPI I see Intel 200 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller and Standard SATA AHCI Controller.
Under Portable Devices I see the drive listed using a generic Microsoft driver.
I had expected to see something under Storage Controllers specific to the drive but I only see my Samsung NVME driver and the Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller which is installed by default.

So my question is whether this is the optimal configuration for the drive?

thanks in advance

As long as the drive shows up and is usable that is the optimal way, It won’t work otherwise.

So the official response from support is that if it’s recognized, that’s optimal?

I’m wondering why the Marvell Drivers are required then since Windows 10 will run the drive without them. Is there a more ideal RAID driver I should be installing?

The original Marvell driver package was for Windows 7 prior to 10 coming out. The same driver is adopted by Microsoft so it works and is built into the OS now.

So my question is, what driver? What is the correct driver that should be installed to support the TB3 drive when configured as RAID1? Since, as mentioned in OP, I don’t see any new hardware devices, what driver is MSFT employing. I really hope that it isn’t a standard IDE/ATAPI driver to run a 40GB pipe.

thanks?

The disk drives will use the same driver all hard drives use when they are recognized after the TB interface gets it’s drivers.