G-RAID Studio 6T helpless in Texas

Someone (no longer available to me) set this up for me to do incremental auto backups. I have two options on my desktop: G-RAID Studio Configurator and G-RAID with Thunderbolt Configurator. After saying Yes to Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?, the one with Thunderbolt in the title says No Device Found, and the one named Configurator says Device is G-RAID Studio Thunderbolt, name RAID0, Type: Protected-RAID 1, Capacity 3TB, Status Online Disks 1.2 and the option is “Configure”. But if I choose “Configure,” won’t that wipe out all my data that’s already on the drive? This is a custom-built PC using Windows 7.

The Studio software is the one you need to use if you want to change the RAID policy. It has nothing to do with usage of the device.

Sorry, but I have a kindergarden understanding of all this.

I just want the G-RAID drive to incrementally backup my hard drive. How do I access the settings if my only option was “Configure?”

Rydia WDStaff
July 17

The Studio software is the one you need to use if you want to change the RAID policy. It has nothing to do with usage of the device.

You will need to contact the person that set up your backup process. Our device doesn’t have a backup option built into it. It would be done by something else, usually a 3rd party software setup to handle the backups.