G-RAID removable TB2 not mounting

I’ve been using this product for years with no issues – this week it’s suddenly stopped mounting.

There are only two things that have changed this week: putting a new pair of drives in, and updating to Big Sur. I tried putting the old drives back and they’re not mounting either, so I don’t think it’s that! Everything worked fine when I first configured the new drives yesterday, but when I powered up this morning I couldn’t get them to mount or even show up in Disk Utility. The G-RAID does show up in System Information.

I’m using a 2017 13" MacBook Pro, running macOS Big Sur 11.1

So far I’ve tried:

• Both Thunderbolt ports and the USB port
  • Reseating cable at both ends
  • Rebooting Mac and G-RAID

Does anyone have any suggestions for what might be wrong/how to troubleshoot? Thanks!

FIXED…the problem turned out to be the Thunderbolt ports on my MacBook, not the G-RAID. Resetting my NVRAM made everything magically work again.

EDIT – this only worked the once. Next time I powered up the drive, it wouldn’t mount, and resetting NVRAM did nothing.

1 Like

suggest turning the unit off and ejecting each drive and sliding them back in to make sure they are both flush and fully seated in the enclosure then turn it back on. Make sure both drives are blue and the unit should mount . Target Pay and Benefits would do well to re-configure the unit to essentially set it back to defaults.

Thank you for your reply. I get a solid blue light on one of the drives; the other drive has a blue light slowly blinking on and off. It doesn’t show up in the ‘G-RAID with Thunderbolt Configurator’ app – so is there another way to re-configure it?

Exceptionally useful post. I truly seek divine intervention that this stuff works.

MyBalanceNow