G-RAID MINI RAID 1 Configuration utility stuck searching for drive

In Windows Vista, the G-Tech RAID 32 bit Configuration Utility is stuck “Searching for Compatible G-Tech Storage Systems, this may take a moment…”. The status light is blinking white in bursts of a few seconds with short periods of idle time in between the bursts. What is it doing, and how long is this supposed to take, seconds, minutes, hours, or what? The drive is showing up in normally in Windows Explorer as a 2 TB drive.

The Configuration Utility I am using is from grm_config_pc_ox_32_022613.zip. Is there a newer version of this file?

@Larry_Schneider

There are no newer configurators. Depending on what your serial # is you could be using the wrong one.

If you serial ends in -JM then you need this: DOWNLOAD

Also make sure you have it attached via USB in order to use the configurator. If your drive is a lot older it could be using an older chipset. Do you have access to any other OS besides Vista?

Hello Rydia,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My serial number is AAG0140001218. I have tried using the same software on an XP machine as well. The first time I tried this I let it run for almost 3 days because it acts like it is formatting the drive except, unlike a format which is continuous flashing, it pauses at times for a brief period.

I bought this machine on Ebay as a manufacturer refurbished unit, and it is intended to be used on a Win 7 machine.

Thanks,

Larry

Did you try the download I linked? It won’t be doing anything until it says it detects the device so you don’t have to let it sit for multiple days or hours.

That worked but there is 112 GB used after a reformat. What is the best way to make this usable space?

Never mind that last reply. It worked OK this time using the new link you gave me.

Thanks,

Larry

Hello Rydia,

With your last fix, the G-RAID mini works fine on a Windows 7 machine but Windows 8 cannot see it.

Is there a Windows 8 driver that I need?

Thanks,

Larry