G Raid 4 80TB won't connect to my mother boards USB 3.2 slots

Hi guys,

Had to replace my mother board the other day from a Tomahawk MSI B450 to an MSI A520.
I was originally using the B450’s USB C slot to connect my PC to the Raid, however now only have the A520’s USB A 3.2 slots. I’ve tried everything to get the drive to connect to a USB A slot. USB C to A adapters, New USB C to A data cables, reinstalled G Raid drives but nothing so far. Drive works fine connecting to any USB C ports on multiple other devices.
Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Riozu

It seems like you’re having trouble connecting your G-RAID drive to your new MSI A520 motherboard through USB A 3.2 slots after switching from the MSI B450 motherboard. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow to resolve the issue:

1. Update USB Drivers: Make sure you have the latest USB drivers for your MSI A520 motherboard installed. Visit the MSI website and download the most recent drivers for your motherboard model.
  2. BIOS Settings: Check the BIOS settings on your new motherboard. Some motherboards may have USB port settings that need to be configured correctly. Ensure USB ports are enabled and set to the appropriate mode (e.g., USB 3.2 Gen 2).
  3. Check USB A Ports: Ensure that the USB A 3.2 ports on the MSI A520 motherboard are functioning correctly. Try connecting other USB devices to these ports to confirm that they are operational.
  4. Different USB C to A Adapter: If the USB C to A adapter you initially used didn’t work, try a different adapter from a reputable manufacturer. Sometimes, the quality of the adapter can affect the connection.
  5. USB C to A Cable: Make sure you’re using a high-quality USB C to A data cable. Some cables may not be suitable for data transfer or may be damaged. Test with a known working cable.
  6. Test on Other PC: If possible, test your G-RAID drive with another PC that has USB A ports to ensure that the drive itself is not the issue.
  7. USB Controller Mode: In some cases, switching the USB controller mode from “Legacy” to “AHCI” or vice versa in the BIOS can resolve compatibility issues.
  8. Firmware Update: Check if there is a firmware update available for your G-RAID drive. Updating the drive’s firmware can sometimes resolve compatibility problems.
  9. Contact Support: If you have tried all the above steps and the issue persists, consider reaching out to MSI’s customer support or the G-RAID drive manufacturer’s support for further assistance.

It’s essential to eliminate potential issues step by step to pinpoint the exact cause of the problem. If the drive works with other devices but not with your MSI A520 motherboard, it’s likely a compatibility or configuration issue that can be resolved with the above steps.