G Drive Not reading, cuts off wifi when plugged in

G drive EV ATC Thunderbolt not reading in finder and disk utility, tried different cables and connections, also restart computer. When I plug it in my internet would stop working and then it would start again after i force eject. Really need to get the files on it back, 6 years worth of work on there. The light is still on and flashing on hardrive when cable is plugged in but not reading.

Please Help

@mainsteez,
Take the drive out of the ATC unit and attach it directly with USB to see if you get better results. It has a USB 3.0 connection on the back of the unit so you can use it out of the ATC if needed.

The hard drive does not show up in finder or disk utility but when I pull out the cable, there’s a pop up screen that says hard drive was force ejected. I have tried taking it out of the case and using a USB 3 to connect it to my Mac and still nothing. When I plug it in the hard drive lights up and vibrates but I cannot see it in finder or disk utility.

Make sure while in the Disk Utility you click the view box and change it to Show All Devices.

The likely issue is that it is being recognized based on hardware but the partition on the drive is corrupted and thus it won’t mount. That means you’re likely going to have to run some repair software on it to rebuild the drive. We recommend Disk Warrior for that.