G Drive 6tb USB 3.0 Windows Extremely slow write and read speeds

Hello, I purchased the 6tb usb 3.0 Gdrive for all my sound banks, programs, and projects as i am in sound design music production. Purchased this exact model as it claims to have write speeds of 226 m/bs. However, been noticing it transfers extremely slow not even reaching 50mb/s and at times even down to 300kb/s?! This is not even close to what it claims. Is this false advertisement or just a faulty unit? anyone else have this problem?

my specs: Windows 10 64 bit, intel i7 4770 3.4ghz, 16 gig of RAM.

:expressionless:

@Mrcake

If the speeds are that low it would definitely point towards being a defective unit. Are you using USB 3.0 ports built into your motherboard? You can check to see if there are any updates for your motherboard chipsets.

Other than that it would likely be related to the drive. Have you tried it on any of your other machines or just one system?

Yes i have it plugged in str8 to a usb 3.0 coming out the mother board. Last night i was able to reformat it using a wizard they have available off their site for windows. Ran a disk speed test right after, (the drive is completely empty) and these are the speeds i got.

Still does not reach their advertisement claim of 226mb/s but at least is much faster. Will do couple more speed tests at various fill lvls (25%, 50%, and 75% full).

Hey I’m having a similar problem

with a 6TB on a Windows10 machine. I’m plugged into the motherboard on a usb3 port and I’m using the USB cable that came with the rive, so it should be properly rated… what is going on?

I’m working on a film shoot and offloading 1TB a day. This drive is s l o w

What are you transferring the data to? depending on the actual type of files, size of files and amount of them greatly affect transfer rate.

I’m transferring cinema dng files. But I had a back and forth with tech
support. They told me the 6TB drive only does 160MB/s even though the data
sheet says 225 for the 6TB

I’m only getting peaks at 118MB/s and hovering in the 80-100MB range