Fustrated MyBookLive & MyCloud Owner

Hi all. I’ve had both of these drives for easily 10-12 years and anytime I have reformat my PC I have problems connecting my drives. For this reason, I find myself not able to relay on them for my essentials.

I’ve no idea what my login details are. I’ve just had to reset my PC for the first time in years and as a result, am trying to reconnect my drives with little success. I’ve managed to get to the stage where they show on my File Explorer under the Network section (they’re connected via powerline adaptors, not directly into my PC). I can log on to a webpage and view files in one of the drive. I can even, through some sleight of hand, view the files (twonky weirdness), but I cannot map the drives. I get a message about a network problem, which I don’t believe. I think its down to something on these drives requiring a login which I can no longer remember.

Could someone tell me if there a way to reset password for my drives? (What happens if I use the reset on the back of the drives?)

Thanks in advance :wink:

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: Pin Reset and System Only Restore WD My Cloud OS 3

Thanks Jonny. I’ll try that. Does that also work for the MyBookLive drives? I’ve the same issue with it.

Geoff.