Functionality

Уважаемые ребята-разработчики!

Почему вы не хотите развивать устройство wd tv play? Это бы привлекло покупателей. Или хотя бы помогайте волонтерам, желающим улучшить это устройство. Это фактически внештатные сотрудники, за бесплатно пытающиеся устранить ваши недоработки.

Я сам пытаюсь добавить функционала в устройство, например службу ftp, добавить megogo или ivi. 

Пытался откомпилировать прошивку из GPL-исходников. Всё делал по инструкции, установил нужные пакеты, использовал ubuntu 12.04. Не помню какая была ошибка, но у меня создалось впечатление, что исходники неполные. То есть вы не хотите, чтоб люди создавали пользовательские прошивки.

Пытался разобрать wdtvstreamer.bin, разобрал его формат, дополнил нужными файлами, но не знаю как пересчитать контрольную сумму. 

Если кто-то из разработчиков поможет мне в алгоритме пересчета md5sum, буду очень благодарен.

Или ответьте, исходники в самом деле пригодны для компиляции? Мне известно, что при создании прошивки путем компиляции GPL-исходников могут перестать работать некоторые функции. Какие именно?

Dear Guys-developers!
Why you don’t want to improve the wd tv play device? It would attract buyers. Or at least help the volunteers, wishing to improve this device. These are actually non-staff employees, for free  trying to eliminate your defects.

I try to add functionality in the device, for example service ftp, to add megogo or ivi.

I tried to compile an firmware from GPL source codes. I did everything according to the instruction, I install the necessary packages, I used ubuntu 12.04. I don’t remember what there was a error, but I made impression that source codes incomplete. That is you don’t want that people created the user firmwares.

I tried to change wdtvstreamer.bin, I learn its format, I added with the necessary files, but I don’t know as to count checksum. 

If someone from developers helps me with algorithm of recalculation of md5sum, I will be very grateful.

Or answer, source codes really are suitable for compilation? I know that at firmware creation by compilation of GPL source codes some functions can cease to work. Which functions?

it would be quite good to add the simple browser in the firmware

You have an hidden browser on the firmware. Its limited but works for basic webpages

Enter config menu  then go to about ( the page that says firmware version and IP) and click on search button in the remote 

I would recomend having a wireless keyboard and  mouse

thanks for answer.
not working Search button in config menu. Search button only on remote, not on keyboard.

firmware 1.05.47

DavidSucesso, you don’t answer to my auestion

i cannot enter browser thru about menu

Browser in About doesn’t work for me either (also device info 1.05.47)

Is there something else that needs to be done to “enable” or is it in another firmware?

I’m not sure that this player has the hidden browser.

I know that at firmware creation by compilation of GPL source codes some functions wouldn’t be work. Which functions?

I want to know what I will lose if I use an firmware compiled from a GPL code

read what mad_ady posted here …

http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8107