FTP Path / www path change or install mysqli

Also, Patrik, I hope you are aware that amongst the Mirror’s included third-party apps, is the excellent, freely available Joomla. I had written a post on how to install it here (for EX2 but applies to Mirror too) → http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-EX2/Need-help-with-Joomla-install/m-p/774765

Though the bundled Joomla version is very stale at this point (WD bundles Joomla 2.5 with the My Cloud products), if you are comfy with Linux, you can very easily download the very latest Joomla (look for Full Stable release’s tar file from Joomla’s site) and set it up. Refer to my Joomla post (above link) for some pointers. As for the path to install it to, I decided to put it to where WD puts the stale version of Joomla, which is under /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/Joomla/<Joomla specific version directory here like Joomla_3.3.6> and expand the tar all there, create a sy link to Joomla directory under /var/www and then go do your install from the browser. If it seems tricky, just stick with the bundled Joomla and you will have a sophisticated website up and running in no time. I’ve been running the latest Joomla for a few months now…and just installed 3.3.6 couple days ago…no problems at all. Great way to both build your personal site and learn Joomla in the process, if you aren’t familiar with it already.