Front USB is not Working Post Firmware Upgrade( v1.12.14)

WDTV,

What’s Going on. This is really but disappointment . First Wifi Issue and now Front USB Port.

Did Any one else face this Problem?

I am not able to connect any HDD (Local Storage Media) to Front Port post Frimware Upgrade. Same works in rear Port.

Any Advice.

travel_living wrote:

Did Any one else face this Problem?

Nope.

Yes. Indeed. I’m having the exact same issues.

I bought this WD LIve player last week… and after owning the first two generations of WD TV HD, I knew it might be a little bit rocky.

I had no idea that … 6 months after release, they would still have issues as serious as this!!!

I CAN NOT USE MY FRONT USB PORT AT ALL not for anything. a hard drive, a usb stick , or a usb router.

Worse yet!when I am using my 11n streaming, through my 40hz 902.11n wifi router -  I can’t watch anything without overflow, stutter, pauses, fastforward errors - over and over again.  

Man! I was so excited. I thought that by generation 3.0 ,… almost a year after release. I thought that these kinds of simple issues were fixed by now!!!

I bought this thing so that I could stream wi-fi movies, 1080p.  If I can’t stream 1080p wifi movies? 

I am going to sell this device.  I’m going to do it in the next 10 days, at that. and I’m going to buy the nexst competitors product. I don’t have time for this.

(that being said)

I am going to fill out my profile, tomorrow. and make all of my technical specs known, and complaints public.