Forgotten Password for UI

Hi i wondered if anyone could help?

I purchased a WD My Cloud 2TB a week ago. I setted up the device and put 1 or 2 files in there just to check if it was working. What i did stupid enough, i deleted all the accounts on Users yesterday. when i restarted and try accessing the UI it keeps asking me for a password which i dont know no more! i was wondering if there is any way i could factory reset the router and access it as i have tried holding the reset button for 40 seconds but hasn’t made no difference?

Hopefully someone knows a solution!

Thanks

Gafstar wrote:

i was wondering if there is any way i could factory reset the router and access it

What are you trying to reset?  Your router, or your My Cloud?

Am trying to reset my 2tb my cloud external hard drive, just want to go back to factore restore which i cant in ui as it keeps asking me for username and password

All you should need to do is hold the reset button for 4 (not 40) seconds.   That resets the admin account and network configuration back to defaults.

ive tried that but it is still the same?!

Did you try to redo the set up using the software from the learning center? This should create a new admin account and will probably let you in with this new account

http://setup.wd2go.com/?mod=product&device=mc

am having to luck, when i do the setup page again it keeps going back to the normal page

Gafstar wrote:

Hi i wondered if anyone could help?

I purchased a WD My Cloud 2TB a week ago. I setted up the device and put 1 or 2 files in there just to check if it was working. What i did stupid enough, i deleted all the accounts on Users yesterday. when i restarted and try accessing the UI it keeps asking me for a password which i dont know no more! i was wondering if there is any way i could factory reset the router and access it as i have tried holding the reset button for 40 seconds but hasn’t made no difference?

Hopefully someone knows a solution!

Thanks

Click on the envelope at the top right corner to see your private mails in this forum :wink:

Hi,

I have the same prob, please let me know if you have found any solution.

Thanks,

Ravi.

So you did 40-second restore with the power OFF?
I think you must press the button before you plug in the power, and then count 40 seconds.