Folders Within Public Share Read-Only after Firmware Update

Already read that, no help there, and I didn’t have a problem until the most recent update but thanks for the link.

Raise a job with Support, ideally pointing out the other threads. It looks like this isn’t an isolated problem.

i’m having the same problem not even able to delete or rename files so fraustrating!

Bennor wrote:

Already being discussed…

Thanks for the quick reply Brennor, I have read this thread and countless others and the recommended action is a system restore. I’ve tried that and it did not work which is why I mentioned it in my original post. Is there another solution to this?

Raise a job with Support, ideally pointing out the other threads. It looks like this isn’t an isolated problem.

cpt_paranoia wrote:

Tried that and I get:

Server Error in ‘/newSupport’ Application.

The remote name could not be resolved: ‘esb-dev01.wdc.com

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: ‘esb-dev01.wdc.com

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'esb-dev01.wdc.com']
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context) +889
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +335
   System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +1050
   WarrantyServices.WarrantyCheck(WarrantyCheckRequest WarrantyCheckRequest) in c:\inetpub\WebSupport\support.wdc.com\support\support\DLS_WSDL.cs:105
   support.supportCommon.warrantyCheckOutput(String sSerialNumbers, String sCountry) in c:\inetpub\WebSupport\support.wdc.com\support\support\supportCommon.cs:234
   support.Support._case.btnSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\WebSupport\support.wdc.com\support\support\Support\case.aspx.cs:195
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +161
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3342

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34248

Good stuff huh?

Completely unacceptable.

A shame.

Last WD product for me.

I called WD and they had me do a physical system restore which is unplugging the drive and holding the recessed reset button for 45 seconds. Did not change anything. Very polite representative and she bumped it up to level 2 but cannot reach them until Monday at 11 EST.

Unfortunately they do not work weekends but at least there is a fix.

This thread is now corrupt; it keeps showing new posts, even though I’ve read every page. And it’s claiming the last post was made on Saturday.

ArMak, can you just leave it alone; I suspect your editing is confusing the forum software.

cpt_paranoia wrote:

This thread is now corrupt; it keeps showing new posts, even though I’ve read every page. And it’s claiming the last post was made on Saturday.

ArMak, can you just leave it alone; I suspect your editing is confusing the forum software.

We are actually moving new posts with similar issues into existing threads.  This way we can consolidate everyone with the same issue and maintain better communication with users.  

[edit]

Because of how the forum software works, they will fall into place in the same time reference as they posted in the community.

Since last nights firmware update I no longer have permission to add or delete files from my drive

I cannot access anything,

Is anyone experiencing this problem, or has anyone fixed it.

I get the message you require permision from Unix User/www-data

i am having the same issue and havent been able to figure it out. i have only been able to add or delete through the my lcoud app but not in explorer on windows 10

Hi, welcome both to the community.

We’ve passed this along to support.

SquareNetMedia wrote:

Is anyone experiencing this problem, or has anyone fixed it.

There are several prior threads highllighting this issue. The issue has been escelated to WD.

Unable to modify files in Public share after firmware update

Unable to rename or delete folders

The mods of this subforum really should put a big notice at the top of the forum indicating there are several issues, read only public folder and shares getting deleted, when one upgrades to the latest firmware. Hopefully WD has pulled the update so no one else has to deal with these issues.

1 Like

I’m also unable to edit or copy file to my myclould by window 10 files directory. I can go into it by the mycloud wed and I’m able to watch the movies thru the amazon fire tv I just can’t edit or copy to the file thru windows 10.

:frowning: I am having the same issue and I am beyond furious about this. 

any chance we might hear something soon would like to use the unit.

Try updating your WD My Cloud to the latest firmware. WD released an updated firmware (04.04.00-308) sometime late yesterday that claims to “Resolved issue of unable to create new folders or write to folders after firmware update”.

Thanks. I’ll wait until the dust settles…