Folders for specific person on home streaming

I stream from My Cloud 4TB HD round my house using electric/homeplugs. To my living room to watch videos of my TV, to my sons room to watch via his Playstaion 3 and to my daughters room to view via her WD TV Media Player.

I would like to be able to have individual folders for each room but the children cannot view some films in other folders (so the kids cannot view our films we watch on the main TV in living room). Can anyone help with this.

Thank You#

I understand your needs, I faced the same situation. But unfortunately DLNA doesn’t have such parental ratings/password protected content features to allow you to do this. What you share via DLNA(Twonky) is accessible to everyone in your network.

Best you can do is to get an Android media box HDMI connected to the TV, link it MyCloud via SMB where the shares are protected. The children will just stick to DLNA.

Hi. Thanks for getting back so quick. Yes I had seen about this DLNA and its limitations but I was hoping there was some way the software on the My Cloud could do something along the lines i wanted. I dont fancy spending more money on my setup (I use the media player on my TV to watch my videos being streamed. It works a treat. Also I have Playstaion 3 a Satellite box and DVD player and a Nintendo Wi all connected up to the same TV (also a router on top) i dont fancy putting more stuff in. I suppose I could just instruct the kids to view there own folders (if possible to do this) and trust they do (I will/could do spot checks to see if they are :wink:

Thanks

[quote=“Ken_Walsh, post:3, topic:140754”]
I suppose I could just instruct the kids to view there own folders (if possible to do this) and trust they do (I will/could do spot checks to see if they are :wink:
[/quote]LOL I have failed on those ^^ :stuck_out_tongue:

No problem. Just for thoughts, there’s more powerful media player other than the TV integrated ones under 50 bucks i.e. Shop by Category | eBay

Edited: Not sure about PS3, but long ago I’ve done up my WII to play CIFS shares, unfortunately only composite/component, no HDMI.

You can access the password protected folders of you NAS by using you Android phone and an App like ES File Explorer and then stream to your smart TV.