Folders created through Windows share are missing through Media server

Hi All!

I’m a new user of WD Live Hub. I have an issue where folders created with from Windows share are not visible through Media server. I tried folder Rescan, restarting device : no help. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi, check the link below for the steps to share folders.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3787/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0NzA0NDg4Mi9zaWQvYWRENTdHNWw%3D

Thanks for the quick reply, but it’s not what I’m asking. I’m creating folder on internal storage of WD Hub device using my Windows PC, where I can see WD Hub as a share. The problem is, this folder and files in it are not visible when other devices access WD Hub media server.

Did you tried to turn off and on the media library option on the WDTV setup menu?

berlaga wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply, but it’s not what I’m asking. I’m creating folder on internal storage of WD Hub device using my Windows PC, where I can see WD Hub as a share. The problem is, this folder and files in it are not visible when other devices access WD Hub media server.

you need to probably have Twonky rescan the content.

Http://(ip address of your hub):9000

Go to Maintenance section and do a rescan.

OK. I figured this one out. I created a folder with one file. This file was MKV file with extension changed to AVI. The moment I switched it back to MKV, everything was fine and folder did appear.

Now, why did I even did this? Because, as far as I understand, MKV streaming does not work with current version of Wonky 5.x.x. So I was trying to rename MKV to AVI and see if it helps. Tough luck.

MKV streaming works fine with Wonky version 6.x.x from my Win7 PC. And, I understand there is no way to update Wonky without firmware update from WD? Can somebody confirm that?