Flashing blue led

I’m not sure if this applies to all flashing blue leds. In some testing that I’ve done. I found that
during boot the led flashes blue. During this time if you pull the network cable the led does not change color like it does when the device is normally running. In trying to see what options are available when flashing blue led happens. I was trying to see if I booted from a recovery USB. Could I look at the logs. It turns out that the logs are written to a tempfs. Which means that the logs are lost on reboot. While I looking for my recovery USB. I found one USB that after booting gave me the flashing blue led problem. I was able to get a console log of the boot process. In the log it shows that the network did get an ip address assigned. But during this condition a ping does not work. Neither does an ssh or telnet to the assigned IP address. Strange thing though. If you try to rlogin I got a login response from the device. Then I got the connection refused. This indicates hat the network is is connected.
Also in the log I found messages trying to access the saved system logs on the data partition /mnt/HD/HD_a2/.system/log_/
I think that if one boots up in the recovery USB. The should be able to telnet into the device and mount the data partition. Then look at the logs to see if any errors show up.
In my case when the flashing blue led was occurring. I can see differences in the boot sequence of a good boot and the failing boot. Below are the last few lines of the boot log.
It show that the a2 partition is mounted. But for some reason it can’t find the two files even though they are on the disk. One other thing when the boot process finishes the console will accept data and echo the data. But does not execute any commands.
EXT4-fs (sda2): recovery complete
EXT4-fs (sda2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.Opts:barrier=0,usrquota,grpquota
sh: up_send_ctl: not found
^cp: can’t stat ‘/mnt/HD/HD_a2/.systemfile/log_WCC7K5XX05CV/wdmcserver.log.': No such file or directory
^cp: can’t stat '/mnt/HD/HD_a2/.systemfile/log_WCC7K5XX05CV/orion_cm.log.
’: No such file or directory
^mount: mount point /proc/bus/usb does not exist
^Starting system message bus