FLAC Files & Capacity Usage

On the My Cloud 4TB model, currently FLAC music files show as “Other” when looking at the Capacity Usage graph for system capacity. The category “Music Tracks” only seem to show select formats. Can this be corrected in a future firmware update to accurately reflect lossless music files such as FLAC? I would love to see an accurate representation of the various files on the device. Thank you in advance.

Good point.  As a minimum, it ought to use the same file types as Twonky, which happily recognises flac files as music.  There’s the separate ‘media database scan’ that includes the ‘other’ category, but I’m not really sure what that’s for; mine reports zero files found for all categories (when I click on the ticks).  Fortunately, I don’t really pay much attention to these figures on the Dashboard, other than the used/free space, but others might, and they ought to be correct…

It might be nice to allow the user to specify what file types are to be included in each category.  And maybe even add user categories…