Firmware update-won't

I have tried, for hours and hours and hours to get this firmware update to work, (v1.o4.06). I down load the “MyPassportWireless_1.04.06.zip” and when un-zip it I get a folder with 18 items in it. The folder is called, fwupg_images. I don’t know which item/image to use. I tried “AsmSataFw.bin” and that did not work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

kinmn147 wrote:

I have tried, for hours and hours and hours to get this firmware update to work, (v1.o4.06). I down load the “MyPassportWireless_1.04.06.zip” and when un-zip it I get a folder with 18 items in it.

You shouldn’t…  There should be only ONE file called MyPassportWireless_1.04.06.bin

If you’re using a MAC, your mack is probably opening the BIN file, which you won’t want to do…

Hi TonyPh12345, I agree, I shouldn’t, but when I un-zip the "MyPassportWireless_1.04.06.zip, I get the folder called, “fwupg_images”. There is no file labeled, "MyPassportWireless_1.04.06.bin. Yes, I am using a Mac. If the bin file is that total package, I don’t know how to stop my Mac from opening it to that images folder.

Can you do an online update through the web interface.? Maybe wd should allow the updater to use a zip file. It would make sense. 

Hi joels, Yes I’ve tried that, with interesting results. Last night I finally figured out how to connect to the internet through the dashboard and when I clicked on the firmware auto update I got a message stating my firmware was/is up to date. How can that be? My firmware is v1.03.13. I was trying to get the latest update, v1.05.1. I don’t get it. Anyway, I’ve submitted a support case to WD and am waiting for a response.

That’s odd. Its the way I did it.
It would have made more sense if it said you had no Internet connection. Got that a few times. Admittedly it was on a Windows notebook. I’ve done it after downloading it too.

I’m on a Mac laptop. Most of the rest of the world uses Windows and I think some software and peripheral manufacturers don’t develop things for Macs as well. I don’t know that WD has a problem with that but maybe there is something I need to be doing differently. I’ve had many various WD drives for years and only rarely do I have a problem. This wireless drive is new to me, I’ve had it just a week. I’ve not experienced a wireless drive before and the learning curve has been steep. The drive seems to be working fine for me, it does all I require of it. I like the drive very much so far and as long as it does what I want maybe I don’t need to worry about a firmware update. I’ve not heard from support yet.

Having same issue. Did you ever get the problem solved?