Firmware question about updating

I recently bought a WD Live TV media player at costco in Nova Scotia.  I had a hard time setting it up cause it kept refusing my DNS address. 

So I subscribed to unotelly and put the USA DNS in and it started right up and works fine.  But its on firmware 1.05, and I see there is a firmware 1.09

If I upgrade the firmware is that going to cause me to lose the US channels that I want to keep?  Netflix USA, Pandora, etc.

Same as before

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Updating-firmware-questions/m-p/437552

cdnjeepin wrote:

I recently bought a WD Live TV media player at costco in Nova Scotia.  I had a hard time setting it up cause it kept refusing my DNS address. 

So I subscribed to unotelly and put the USA DNS in and it started right up and works fine.  But its on firmware 1.05, and I see there is a firmware 1.09

If I upgrade the firmware is that going to cause me to lose the US channels that I want to keep?  Netflix USA, Pandora, etc.

so did you swap country ‘after’ first initial setup?

I never set anything when i plugged it in.

I just went into set up, and searched for my wireless…it found that but kept saying my DNS was wrong…so I put in a US DNS and it worked fine.

I even tried to do an auto firmware update and it kept failing, so I shut off my wireless and did a manual update…and i know have the newest firmware with all the apps and everythign works just fine.  US netflix and all…

very happy now