FIRMWARE BUGS 2.04.13 (ATTENTION WD are you listening)

pingflip wrote:

I just update to the latest firmware and I really like the new web-apps, but I am expiring some problems with the flingo app: when I “finge” a youtube-clip with my PC the fling app shows this clip in the queue but when I playback the video the sound has kind of “hiccups”, the video it self plays fine. The same video works well when played with the youtube-app.

Another problem I experience is the “freezing” of the hub mentioned by other users.

You should try to find out if it is a bug in the hub or a hiccup in the material that you try to download. It can also be in connection with the trasfer speeds with which you download.

So far I can confrim the freezing but not the hiccups.

Mine will freeze when I watching a movie (ISO copy) with menus. This will happen after the movie has played and returned back to the main menu and leaving the hub on for a couple of hours. It was a chance of 70% it would be frozen. Even after waiting 10 minutes from controls of the remote, nothing would happen. The power button on the hub would not work either. Only thing would fix it is unplug and reboot. This was happening in the previous firmare too. I wan’t having this problem with movies without menus, so I reripped the couple of the movies without the menu, and it hasn’t done it again. I am not using themes or have anything connected to the usb. I only have about 70 movies coppied with no other files because I removed all of my pictures thinking it was too many files causing it to freeze.

mine frezes with or without watching movies. When I shut it off with the remote (it stays on as a network drive this way) There is a big chance it will freeze the next time I use it after a couple of hours. When I shut it off with the power off button so that it really stops working, I can use it the next time relatively good. But even then it might strike, and freeze.

I’ve got a request for people with freeze/crash problems. Using the following steps, you can gather a log that can help us debug this issue.

1. Go to Setup → About Mochi → Device Info
  2. Press left + down + down + down + down + right + down
  3. Go to a PC’s file browser (or My Network) and locate WDTVLiveHub (or whatever your WDTV’s network name is)
  4. Check for console logs under \WDTVLiveHub in a folder named “console”
  5. The file is encrypted, so send it to an engineer for analysis. Please include a description of what you were doing when the device crashed or froze - were you playing a video? Navigating through menus? Using an online service?

Guy_K wrote:

I’ve got a request for people with freeze/crash problems. Using the following steps, you can gather a log that can help us debug this issue.

1. Go to Setup → About Mochi → Device Info
  2. Press left + down + down + down + down + right + down
  3. Go to a PC’s file browser (or My Network) and locate WDTVLiveHub (or whatever your WDTV’s network name is)
  4. Check for console logs under \WDTVLiveHub in a folder named “console”
  5. The file is encrypted, so send it to an engineer for analysis. Please include a description of what you were doing when the device crashed or froze - were you playing a video? Navigating through menus? Using an online service?

Who do you send the info to and how?

Upload it to one of the many free file hosting websites out there and PM me a link (if this is not possible, PM me and we’ll work something out). I’d offer up my email address, but that could result in rather more attention than I have time to handle.

Media Hub, Firmware 2.04.13, Netflix, Playon

ISSUE: When clicking a movie in Netflix every so often, or restarting a movie where I left off Media hub reboots without notification.

ISSUE: When clicking a movie I want to see in Netflix it brings up the wrong movie every so often.  Rebooting corrects the issue.

ISSUE: When clicking in a network in PLAYON server for a episode or movie like the Hostory channel, Hulu, or any other channel.  It reboots without notification every so often.

Another bug is in the Album playing view.

The xml for the Album playback (“album_playback.xml”), there is the line:

Which should display the “Album Artist” below the “Album Name”, but it does NOT.   This needs correcting.

@guy_k

I have been in contact with WD support (thought I had searched these forums sufficiently for this issue before contacting them but then I found this thread)…anytways…you still looking for these logs because I am MOST DEFINATLY still having this issue with the freezing.  Below is an excerpt from the email I sent to your support team about 30 minutes ago in response to their email to me.  This freezing that I am experiencing appears to be completely random during all different functions of the box and without explanation, reason, prejudice or thoughts of apathy towards my daughter who now has to go find something else to do.

'As I thought it was the remote that was not sending a signal I trouble shot the snot out of this thing. Removing all electrical devices from anywhere near the area, including shutting down my Wifi (oh the horror), moving the box far far away from the tv, New batteries, pressing and holding buttons, resetting the box, power cycling the box, pushing the ‘reset’ button which cleared all of my settings, and doing all of the above while standing on my head…to no avail.

I am now convinced that it is the box not the remote that is not functioning properly. Despite it not responding to any controls given by the remote the box itself will not respond to me trying to manually push the power button when it is apparently frozen. If we let it sit in it’s frozen state for anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes we can then do some commands (anywhere from 2 to 15 pushes on the remote that it will respond to and then be frozen up again for another 15 to 30 minutes.’

Thank you kindly Guy_K.