Firmware- 1.12.14 - eject local drive screen doesn't go away

Upgraded to Firmware- 1.12.14. When I used to eject local hard drive, it showed the eject screen with spinning arrow, then show home screen again. None in Firmware- 1.12.14, the eject spinning arrow screen won’t go away. Now I don’t know if the drive ejected or not. It just shows the spinning arrow screen, no home screen. I have to physically unplug the WD Live TV gen 3 and re-plug it in again to reset it. Is this a one off or a problem with the firmware upgrade?

~Tim

No, I noticed that too but it doesn’t happen all the time so I’m not sure what firmware it started with.

same here, happens every now and then.

but when it does happen it’s on my 3TB that has barely any free space left, my other drives never have this issue.

you can actually use the arrow keys and select the drive then hit home to take you back to the home screen,

only thing is that the drive is in a limbo like eject state if you do…

I’ve fiddle a bit with the arrow keys now and it really works. I can eject again and this time it works. Still no normal behaviour though.

Techflaws wrote:

I’ve fiddle a bit with the arrow keys now and it really works. I can eject again and this time it works. Still no normal behaviour though.

weird, I do the same (while the arrow spins) and then move back to the “X” to eject and nothing changes, just keeps spinning.

I had the same yesterday, on the old LIVE. This is getting weirder and weirder.

yes very much so. I’ve even seen it say ‘no media in current folder’ after trying everything to get it to read after it wont eject.

funny thing is I informed WD about this but since it’s so random I doubt they’ll be able to do anything.

been using a different usb cable than the one that came with the hdd and I haven’t seen this issue in a few days.
used the old cable and instantly have this issue.

weird is that the old cable doesn’t have any issues with playback, only when trying to eject the drive.