Finder no longer can look into folders - Mac OSX 10.15.x (Catalina)

When I initially boot up, my Finder will show my “WDMyCloudEX4100” and the folders inside of it. When I click on the folder, I can see the contents of the folder just like my internal HDD and a USB attached HDD. However, after a while (I am not sure how long), I can see the overall WDMyCloudEX4100 and the first level folder (e.g. Admin, SmartWare, TimeMachineBackups), but I cannot see the contents of the folders. Rather I get the following error in a pop-up window: " The operation can’t be completed because the original item for “user name” can’t be found. . "This is happening on all of my Macs attached to the EX4100. The EX4100 is attached directly to the same router as my Macs (one by Ethernet and the other via WiFi). Any suggestions would be welcome. I apologize if there is information you need which I did not include, but I do not profess to be a networking or NAS expert.

Sorry, to supplement this, I have already used the routine at the following link and it did not solve anything. Cannot Find My WD Drive on Windows or macOS