Finaly, Solution for WDTV not detected in Windows Sharing

For those who can’t make the WDTV detected in Windows Sharing, you could try my way for fixing it:

1. In your WDTV, **WHILE** discovering for your shared folder, in your Windows, go to system properties, then click change settings.

2. Choose Network ID 

3. Choose "This is a home computer, bla bla bla...", then click next and restart your computer.

VOILAAAA!!! Check again your WDTV, now it should be discover your shared folder! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing @IvanR8 - This is a good troubleshooting step.

You’re welcome Scott!! :wink:

Hi, I tried this solution when i restart my pc i saw my shares but once the operating system started the shares were no longer visible you know how ever? I will ring you in advance for your answer.

Donatello

Have you login first (in your Windows) before try to open the share folder in your WDTV?

Sure, and even after login does not see the shares, but only reboot only when I make that change as indicated in the post. It seems as though he did not remember the setting.

How about try to restart your WDTV? So you need to:

1. Restart the WDTV
  2. Then try my solution again.

Regards,
Ivan

I did this but nothing.

Have you restart the router?

That no, today I try to reboot routers, what else could it be?

Try to reboot it, then give me the result…

Now I see the pc in networks shares but I get the error “this network share can not be accessed” yet folders are shared correctly.

Restoring SMBv1, SMBv2 and SMBv3 via PowerShell and restarting the media player I asked for the password to log on to the pc and saw the shares, trying to turn off and restart the wd I can not access the folders

Yesterday after I did one in the morning in front of the pc I solved the problem but set my adsl router as a master browser connecting us with a pen drive. I have done various rebooting tests of both pc and router mediaplayer and the configuration keeps up, I also tried to take out the key and in fact when I take the pen the computer becomes her browser master again … thanks anyway for the help .