File sorting within folders

Hi

I’m probably doing something wrong here, so hopefully an easy solution…

The bulk of the content on my Live HUB was imported either over the network or via USB, ie. I had already organised the folders as I want them & added thunbnails & xml files. When I view these folders on the HUB the files are in exactly the order they were in on the external hard drive I moved them from.

However, when I add additional content, or use the get info feature of the HUB, I find the files get reorganised on screen. Even though I name them in the hard drive (via network access from my lap top) to include numbers, e.g. 01 - The Philosephers Stone, 02 - The Chamber of Secrets, etc…

Everything looks right when viewing the folders from my PC, but a different order exists on the HUB. Very frustrating.

Any ideas?

Thanks…

If you do GET CONTENT INFO, then the hub will SORT by the tag in the XML.   Otherwise it will sort by FILENAME, even if you provide or edit your OWN XML.

So, if I’m picky about the order files are in I need to delete the content info & add it via an external utility? Or is there a way of manipulating the order the HUB puts things?

I think, you can go to View on the top of the screen and change it to Folder. Then All the content will be displayed in folder as stored by you.

Deano1972 wrote:

So, if I’m picky about the order files are in I need to delete the content info & add it via an external utility? Or is there a way of manipulating the order the HUB puts things?

Everything will be sorted by FILENAME, even files that have XML TITLES defined.

The only exception is if you do GET CONTENT INFO, in which case it will be sorted by the TITLE that it found.   Even if you then EDIT the XML, it will still be sorted by the original TITLE.

Didn’t seem to work, but thanks for the tip.

Just name your folders HP1, HP2, HP3…

Let the files inside be the titles…