File Creation / Modified date on mycloud.com doesn't match on drive

I am dealing with a situation where pictures from 1980-1990 are seemingly always on top of all my files when I view the pictures on mycloud.com or on the android app.

On my mac, today, I downloaded a file date modifier (iLove Date Changer), and changed the date of these files to an arbitrary date in 1985.

When I view in file view the files on mycloud.com they show the correct date (1985) in the list of files. If i use mac finder, they show the correct date (1985).

However, if i view the file (picture) full screen on mycloud.com, then click the info button, it shows today’s date for the creation date, but the modified date says 1985.

It seems to use the date on the picture info page to determine how to sort it when I view pictures (via that option, as opposed to view files).

I can confirm that these photos are not from phone camera backup (which i understand has or had date issues). They were scanned some time back (probably over a year or two ago), and copied to the cloud drive.

Any advice on what I can do to correct this is welcome.

I am -willing- to believe that maybe if I waiet 24-48 hours, maybe mycloud.com will reindex/sync/something and fix itself.

Hi @RobWilkens
Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:

1 Like

Thanks, I figured out it was trying to get the date from somewhere other than the file date. The mac app “image redater” quickly fixed that