File corruption when transferring through a usb stick

I am experiencing the following problem : when I transfer a file with a usb stick from my computer to the hub, I often have an unreadable file (file not supported message) or the movie stop in the middle.

If I transfer the same file through the network, it works fine. But trnafer by network is a lot too long compare with the usb stick.

I tried several stick, I try to format stick. It is working fine 1 or 2 times and then crash again.

My PC is on linux (ubuntu).

It is not a big deal, but it is not convenient if I can’t read file on usb…

asubert wrote:

I am experiencing the following problem : when I transfer a file with a usb stick from my computer to the hub, I often have an unreadable file (file not supported message) or the movie stop in the middle.

If I transfer the same file through the network, it works fine. But trnafer by network is a lot too long compare with the usb stick.

I tried several stick, I try to format stick. It is working fine 1 or 2 times and then crash again.

My PC is on linux (ubuntu).

It is not a big deal, but it is not convenient if I can’t read file on usb…

Are you properly unmounting the usb stick from your PC before you remove it? If you are not then you have probably corrupted the usb stick.

Yes, i did it properly. both when i eject the stick from the PC or from the hub.

I just tried with my external hd on usb, and it works fine.

asubert wrote:

Yes, i did it properly. both when i eject the stick from the PC or from the hub.

I just tried with my external hd on usb, and it works fine.

Then the first thing to do is to plug the usb stick into your PC and run chkdisk on it or whatever the Linux equivalent is. That will tell you if the filesystem on the usb disk is corrupt.