File by file copying of Mycloud to Transend portable hard drive

Hi,
I normally use my cloud as external drive to my windows10 pc connected through WIFI. have two questions.
1 How do I copy files by files what’s in each share (not backup as one volume) using WD smartware (Pro). Every time I try, it revert to copying files in my pc’s hard drive. The reason Pro in brackets is that I am not sure which version I am running as it asked me to enter my details and said it activated it but I don’t see any difference in the interface or appearance.
2 After backing by ‘Public’ share to another external drive, I proceeded to back up another share, I couldn’t do it as the program didn’t come up with to proceed.
Any help is much appreciated.

Swingman

Have you read through all information WDMyCloudInformationIcon provided, the Help tab and the User Manual?

In the Help tab, bottom left you should see your version of SmartWare.

Have you used the dropdown menu to view shares?

Hi cat0w,
So my version is same as yours. Every time I select my Z: (\mycloud\public) as source its fine. my destination as Y: (\mycloud\Trenscend) external drive OK. Move to backup tab and as long as using category backup it’s ok, but if it set to file back up, I can only see the pc’s hard drive C: in the left pane. This implies can’t perform file backup from Mycloud to external drive.

Swingman

@Swingman You need to read the User Manual for your generation of My Cloud, see Connecting a USB Hard Drive. Should be Chapter 12.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/products/product-detail/p/126

Myself, I would drag and drop from the USB drive to the My Cloud.

Hi cat0w,
I am trying copy from my cloud to hard drive connected to USB port on my cloud.

Swingman

Just discovered… It didn’t backup any files at all from my cloud. It backed up empty directories from PC even though asked to backup from my cloud. Stupid program. Same as many others reported in this forum re only directory structure.

Swingman