Favorite Services

I’m running the latest firmware on my SMP.  Under the “Services” tab, there’s a list of “Favorite” services. 

Can this list be edited?  I thought maybe it would update itself as I use various services, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.  There are a few on there I don’t use, and a few I’d like to put on that list.

Just highlight the service you want to add/remove & press the option button on your remote

You also need some form of storage connected to a USB port. An old flash drive will do. Oddly, once you make the changes, you can remove the drive and it will still remember it.

1 Like

Andyross wrote:

You also need some form of storage connected to a USB port. An old flash drive will do. Oddly, once you make the changes, you can remove the drive and it will still remember it.

Its not odd because you don’t need any form of storage connected. 

One does need storage to use the dashboard Favorites…

But I don’t know about the Favorites list under the Services Menu itself…

richUK wrote:

Andyross wrote:

Its not odd because you don’t need any form of storage connected. 

Well I just checked and yes oddly you do need some type of storage. The reason I thought it was wrong is because I don’t have any storage directly connected to the player. I am linked to a NAS. I just unlinked the NAS and found that I cannot now add or delete any favorites in the services. Thanks for pointing that out Andyross.

Huh.  The first thing I did when I saw the Favorites list was hit “Options”, but nothing happened since I have no storage connected to the box.  After plugging in an old USB stick, it works.

Thanks for the help!

Well it might be solved for some, but for me, it doesn’t work. I tried a USB thumbdrive in both the front and rear ports.  Unless there is something special about the way you push the options button when the service is highlighted, it is not working.

I was able to remove services by setting up parental controls and then hiding the services. 

RMR57 wrote:

Well it might be solved for some, but for me, it doesn’t work. I tried a USB thumbdrive in both the front and rear ports.  Unless there is something special about the way you push the options button when the service is highlighted, it is not working.

I was able to remove services by setting up parental controls and then hiding the services. 

• *What options do you see?

Nothing happens at all.

…and you have Media Library enabled, right?

No I don’t, should I?

Yes.