Fatal error restart... a little advice please?

Running the latest firmware.  I will get a fatal error restart once & awhile with video.  Upon the restart sometimes the video will play, other times it will do another restart.

I use this thing to store/play videos, so that’s my primary goal.

I like the meta info displayed but I suppose I could do without it if it meant stability.

I don’t need the apps as I have a blu-ray that can do that.

Taking this into account, is there a more stable previous firmware that would meet my needs?

Thanks!

Try doing a roll back and check if it works better for you.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyOTY3Nzk3Ny9zaWQvQ0xvRDc2Ums%3D

1 Like

That’s what I had in mind, but I was looking for recommendations as to the stability of a particular firmware.  At least with regards to the issues that are important to me (see above).   A generic rollback is something I can handle w/o asking here about it, but thanks anyway.

I know I’m not alone in this whole ‘fatal error’ thing, a google search nets you a lot of problems, but no solutions that I could find.

Since it’s a random failure, I understand it’s hard to pinpoint the offending cause, but I was hoping someone had some ideas that fit the issue.

There are 2 fairly stable FW versions, 2.04.13 & 2.07.17.  I would try the 2.07.17 fw first (just don’t set the screensaver as photo slide show), if that doesn’t fix thing try 2.04.13.

1 Like