Fastest file transfer

as with everyone transfering files by WIFI is like watching grass grow.

correct me if i am wrong but the fastest way would be to open the hub take out the hard drive and connect to the PC.
i am not worried about the warranty i have had my hub for years plus i live too far away.but doing it this way for simple file transfers would be a pain to do on a regular basis.

my question then is what would then be the fastest file transfer method:

1/if i connect my HUB to my PC with a LAN cable

2/or just connected an external drive to the hub and transfer files internally that way.

would the file transfer speeds be comparable to the HUB internal hard drive connected directly to the PC.

would most appreciate any opinions on this
many thanks
lionelk

Depending upon your network speed. I use LAN transfer mostly.

USB transfer is bit annoying. 

lionelK wrote:

as with everyone transfering files by WIFI is like watching grass grow.

correct me if i am wrong but the fastest way would be to open the hub take out the hard drive and connect to the PC.
i am not worried about the warranty i have had my hub for years plus i live too far away.but doing it this way for simple file transfers would be a pain to do on a regular basis.

my question then is what would then be the fastest file transfer method:

1/if i connect my HUB to my PC with a LAN cable

2/or just connected an external drive to the hub and transfer files internally that way.

would the file transfer speeds be comparable to the HUB internal hard drive connected directly to the PC.

would most appreciate any opinions on this
many thanks
lionelk

Yes, take it out, hook it up USB3 adapter, copy files, put it back in Hub. Fastest way, not the most convenient way :wink:

1) Next to fastest way (Only a little faster than Hub on LAN)

2) PITA slow almost as bad as from PC to Hub on network.

attn:flhthemi

many thanks for your input i actualy have this presently on order is this the type of USB adapter that you mean?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UO6C5S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thanks again

lionelk

lionelK wrote:

attn:flhthemi

many thanks for your input i actualy have this presently on order is this the type of USB adapter that you mean?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UO6C5S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thanks again

lionelk

Should do the job just fine!

many thanks for your help

best regards

lionelk