Failed Drive Non Recoverable they say

I have a my Passport drive. External 4 terabyte hard drive. It started making noise before it was backed up to the cloud. I took it to a computer shop and they said they could not retrieve any of the some 200k images. Suggestions???

crystal disk reports can show health of disks and SSD

defragmenting hard disks also reduces noise as files are sequential

I have done all of that. Right now the HD is not even detected the light comes on but that is it. Just not sure if the photos can be recovered at all.

If your drive rotates, you can try testdisk utility.
It is not fancy interface, but so powerful
It is free
Based on dos
and recovers all files keeping tree of folders.
Good luck

Is it giving any error code or any message while connecting to the PC?

If there is any error code/message then please specify the same. Further, if it is not being read by the computer then there are chances that your drive becomes corrupted & turn to being a RAW drive. Well, you can try any free data recovery software such as Stellar data recovery or Wondershare Recoverit to recover data from that corrupted or RAW drive.

Thanks I have tried several different data recovery programs. Even sent it to a local guy for to look at. I don’t know enough about RAW drives etc. Is there any business you know that could look at it for me? I hate to loose so may photos and memories. It is not giving me an error on my PC when I try to access the drive. The computer don’t even know its there. Any help is greatly appreciated.