ExtremeMix Wide Sheet 3.0 Moviesheet Theme

Hi Guys, whilst sat on a plane i had an idea which i just spent about an hour working on so far.

Need your advice as to if this avenue is worth going down, it still has a few nasty bugs but i wanted to see if you liked the idea and if you had any input

Whilst i was thinking of using the moviename.jpg as a plain backdrop, i decided to try using the folder.jpg as the backdrop.

What this means is you have to use a ‘wide’ thumbnail and for my tests i have used 384x216 (which is 3 times 128x72) this keeps the original image in scale 1280x720.

i have also discovered a slighly new way of showing the moviesheet kinda by accident whilst getting the backdrop full screen

Download and have a look at the line that says

ExtremeMix Wide Sheet 3.0

http://www.mediafire.com/?5tddd4a6hrc6643

Here is a test folder to test out the theme

http://www.mediafire.com/?twaw55jwbovlwwk

This new idea obviously suffers from the known issue of folder.jpg NOT scaling properly, but by just having a plain backdrop the blurring effects are reduced.

Also please note this is far from a finished product it is just a concept at the moment.

i have also loaded a couple of test movie folders with 3 different ways of using the theme idea

one with the dummy file, one without and last one without any moviesheet at all

Please test with the included test folder

Hi e.d.,

This seems something similar to what I did in my early work, HERE where I used the focused icon rather than @@poster.  Although I was only doing it to get the folder icon to appear.   But it’s a good idea, the only thing that I found is that by using the focused thumbnail, the larger it was the less clear it was.  I don’t know if you found the same thing.

Anyway, it’s looking good, keep up the good work.

Thanks TW, yes indeed you are right the bigger the folder.jpg gets the more unfocused it gets.

However i filled up the entire 1280x720 more as a proof of concept so to speak.

i will test your earlier mod as well to see if it can be merged with this idea.

The main purpose of this concept is that you can have your movies arranged by folders, and still have some sort of visual theming going on as the folder.jpg can be used as a backdrop, that changes as you scroll whilst moviename.jpg can be used as the moviesheet once you enter the folder.

Yeah, I agree, the concept is a great idea, if you can only get around the limitations of the firmware.

Keep up the good work, let us know how things are coming.

Once AGAIN, great work.

I modified your codes a bit... to support normal.. sized thumbnails..\

here's a preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm-O68NlTlo

I can now use both listview and gallery view to browse through normal moviesheets or Cover trickle sheets.

But for the cover trickle sheets the delay is only encountered after browsing 3 sheets!.. the delay is ~3 sec.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<page background="./image/RV-BG.jpg">

<image image="image/keyboard_mask_bg.png" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" bg="1" disable="@@disable-thumbnail-bg"/>
<image image="@@preview_rect_image" default_image="@@default_preview_rect_image" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" textcolor="@@preview_rect_color" keycolor="1" ignore_keycolor="1" bg="1"/>
<image image="image/Gallery/video_browse_gallery_overlay.png" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" bg="1"/>

<ctrlgrp>
<include filename="./rv_multi_edit_ctrls.xml"/>
<include filename="./rv_browse_common_ctrls.xml"/>
<linebreak/>
<listbox valkey="browselist" move="row" cols="3" rows="1" lbmask="ud" loop_scroll="2" turbo_trigger="3500" turbo_multi="3500" autoenter="1" fixed_scrolling_col="7" hormove="1" />
</ctrlgrp>

<!--moviename -->
<text x="400" y="654" align="hcenter" w="500" h="42" text="@@browse_text" fontsize="24" textcolor="0xffffff" speed="1" delay="2"/>
<!-- -->

<image image="@@metadata_left_arrow" x="57" y="518" w="39" h="53" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100"/>
<image image="@@metadata_right_arrow" x="1180" y="518" w="39" h="53" align="hcenter" scale_type="fixratio" scale="100"/>

<widgetghost valkey="marquee" x="29" y="448" w="0" h="0" ctrlname="browselist" step="50">

<!--thumbnail ORG y +15-->
<wrapper y="475" w="114" h="161" align="hcenter" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" selected_scale="100">
<image name="th0" image="@@browse_0_thumbnail" w="116" h="166" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_0" x="400" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_0"/>
<image name="th1" image="@@browse_1_thumbnail" w="126" h="180" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_1" x="556" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_1"/>
<image name="th2" image="@@browse_2_thumbnail" w="116" h="166" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_2" x="712" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@thumbnail_disable_2"/>

</wrapper>

<!--thumbnaili_f ORG y +15-->
<wrapper y="467" w="140" h="190" align="hcenter" scale="100" scale_type="fixratio" selected_scale="100">
<image name="th0_f" image="@@browse_0_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_0" x="400" active="@@act-browselist-0" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_0"/>
<image name="th1_f" image="@@browse_1_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_1" x="546" active="@@act-browselist-1" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_1"/>
<image name="th2_f" image="@@browse_2_thumbnail" default_image="@@default_thumbnail_2" x="692" active="@@act-browselist-2" disable="@@thumbnail_f_disable_2"/>

</wrapper>

<wrapper y="458" w="149" h="208" align="vcenter" scale="100" selected_scale="100" scale_type="fixratio">
<image image="@@frame_0" x="392"/>
<image image="@@frame_1" x="538"/>
<image image="@@frame_2" x="684"/>
</wrapper>

<!--thumbnail -->

<!--moviesheet trick -->
<image image="@@poster" x="0" y="0" w="1280" h="720" align="left"/>
</widgetghost>
<image image="@@bg-PIP_ZOOM" x="620" y="250" w="49" h="42" disable="@@disable-PIP_ZOOM" active="@@act-PIP_ZOOM"/>
<image image="@@play_stat" x="787" y="406" w="35" h="40"/>
<image image="@@speed_stat" x="823" y="414" w="39" h="21"/>

<text x="450" y="160" w="372" h="26" text="@@text-options" fontsize="24" textcolor="0x07b5ff" align="hcenter" disable="@@disable-text-options"/>
<include filename="./rv_multi_edit_widgets_for_gallery.xml"/>
<!--
<include filename="./rv_browse_common_widgets_new.xml"/>
-->
<include filename="./rv_browse_common_widgets_newGallery.xml"/>
<include filename="./inc_loading.xml"/>
<include filename="./decorationGallery.xml"/>

</page>

Hi firetix as usual i hoped you would help to push this idea further,

And once again judging by your video you have…

i will test your modification asap thanks

Extremedigital,

for the distorted folder thumbnail simply remove scale=100. from these line of code

<wrapper x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” align=“hcenter” scale=“100” scale_type=“fixratio” selected_scale=“100”>
<image name=“th0_f” image=“@@browse_0_thumbnail” default_image=“@@default_thumbnail_0” active=“@@act-browselist-0” disable=“@@thumbnail_f_disable_0”/>
<image name=“th1_f” image=“@@browse_1_thumbnail” default_image=“@@default_thumbnail_1” active=“@@act-browselist-1” disable=“@@thumbnail_f_disable_1”/>
<image name=“th2_f” image=“@@browse_2_thumbnail” default_image=“@@default_thumbnail_2” active=“@@act-browselist-2” disable=“@@thumbnail_f_disable_2”/>

btw

with the above code and

I noticed that the moviesheets get drawn twice.

Next: As usual, the smaller your moviesheets are( in dimensions) , the navigation gets more faster. With the current change in columns, it takes ~2-4 seconds to change row with normal sized 1280 X 720 sheets. Tried with joey’s sheets and some sheets of mine (1280 X 400) and it gets much more faster.

if we are going to use such moviesheets (with dimensions 1280x400 or other smaller size) size, then i don’t think there will be a need for cover boxes, we should use joey trick…

But personally, i like the current structure of the folder with dummyfiles.

I usually keep the dummy file structure for movies and view them in gallery view and use covertrickle sheets for tvshows and browse them in listview.

With your new trick, i could use transparent cover trickle sheets

Hi firetix thanks for your great input i have used some of your ideas, and remodifed for use with BOTH wide folder.jpg and normal folder.jpg

i have tested with both the normal structure we use ie movies in individual folder and all movies in one folder.

What i have tried to create is a theme that can kinda do both…

My aim was to have something a little more ‘VISUAL’ when browsing by folders…

i discovered that if i removed

scale_type=“fixratio”

from

line then it filled the screen with the normal thumbnail, yes it is distorted.

<wrapper x=“0” y=“90” w=“1280” h=“620” align=“hcenter” scale=“100” selected_scale=“100”>
<image name=“th0_f” image=“@@browse_0_thumbnail” default_image=“@@default_thumbnail_0” active=“@@act-browselist-0” disable=“@@thumbnail_f_disable_0”/>
<image name=“th1_f” image=“@@browse_1_thumbnail” default_image=“@@default_thumbnail_1” active=“@@act-browselist-1” disable=“@@thumbnail_f_disable_1”/>
<image name=“th2_f” image=“@@browse_2_thumbnail” default_image=“@@default_thumbnail_2” active=“@@act-browselist-2” disable=“@@thumbnail_f_disable_2”/>

However if you add it back then you get a very Big thumbnail in the middle of the screen which is less distrorted but not as visual…:smileyvery-happy:

<wrapper x=“0” y=“90” w=“1280” h=“620” align=“hcenter” scale=“100” scale_type=“fixratio” selected_scale=“100”>

The main issue i have is i’m using the ‘double’ moviesheet trick which means that if you use ‘full’ 1280x720 moviesheets you need the second normal moviesheet to overlay the complete screen.

However if you use smaller size moviesheets like with Joey’s theme then you need to remove the second moviesheet…if there is enough interest in this theme then i could possibly release 2 versions of the theme OR people can simply edit the xml to remove the line…

<text x=“0” y=“5” align=“hcenter” w=“1280” h=“100” text=“@@browse_text” fontsize=“50” textcolor=“0xffffff”  speed=“1” delay=“2”/>

So enough chat here is the official release of

ExtremeMix Wide Sheet 3.0

http://www.mediafire.com/?5tddd4a6hrc6643

Hope you guys like it…

Hey, extremedigital, could you post a sample folder for testing purposes.

Hi TW no problems here you go…

Here is a test folder with various different ways to using the theme…

The first 3 folders have wide thumbnails, but different moviesheets…(ie dummy file or no dummy file)

The next 3 folders have normal thumbnail, and dont use the dummy file method (so instant moviesheet)

The next 3 folders have normal thumbnails and use the dummy file method (please use rating trick for moviehseet to show first)

Then i have a selection of files from Joeys sample to show the ‘effect’ of all movies in one folder…you will also see the ‘double’ moviesheet bug which you have to remove the second moviesheet line…

Hope this helps…

http://www.mediafire.com/?twaw55jwbovlwwk

Couple of points to raise…

I have removed the brackdrops from showing all togeather, this speed up browsing…

Moviesheet appear behind the thumbnails…

As mentioned before i am using a ‘double’ moviesheet trick here…

Thanks e.d.,

It’s late here now (or early, depending on how you look at it:smileyvery-happy:), I’ll give a try tomorrow and give you some feedback.

Keep up the good work.

TW

Excellent work Extremedigital!

Navigation is much more improved!!! I like it.

Personally, i’ve removed your thumbnail/moviesheet trick…

and readjusted the size of video_browse_gallery_thumbnail_f.png so that i know which file is selected.

hmm…

one more idea, concerning moviesheets

if we use a moviesheet like the one below or even your extreme mix moviesheets…

where the coverbox is bigger, its shows up nice on the screen.

The cover box is quite visible.

firetix i would love to see your changes as you know this is a new idea so very much a work in progress…

Notice the backdrops are gone…

and the fixed scroll is set to the middle icon, for faster browsing try setting fixed_scrolling_col=“2”…

But you are not centred on the big thumbnail / moviesheet

<listbox valkey=“browselist” move=“row” cols=“3” rows=“1” lbmask=“ud” loop_scroll=“1” turbo_trigger=“35” turbo_multi=“35” autoenter=“1” fixed_scrolling_col=“1” hormove=“1” />

Some screenshots

Hi extreme, here is a preview of the changes i’ve made to your theme

screenshots are more descriptive :smiley:

i’ve kept the backdrops…since the majority of my movies are in individual folders…

and i’ve created a thumbgen template to support it!

For folder thumbnails, the dimensions of the above sheet is reduced, so as to reduced distortion.

So what do you think? I’m loving it till now!

Its the best compromise available between good navigation speed and high quality moviesheets in gallery view :smileyvery-happy:

I’ve also modified poster view (rv_large_video_browse_page.xml) to reflect the wide thumbs changes.

I need to do the same with rv_video_browse_page.xml

Here’s a preview:

Folder thumbnail:

Amazing work firetix, i cant wait to try out your version…