EXTREMELY Disappointed

Bought a TV live hub with 1 tb, trying to set it up in the network, failed, osx 10.7 on my imac shows the drive as shared but I get a “connection failed” message, can t copy any files. Shop assistant has no glue what I m, talking about, absolutely useless. Strange thing: Thorugh my mack book I do get access – this seems to be an ongoing problem and there is no support from WD as far as a solution is concerned. Will post this experience on the web to avoid others to buy this product. Any idea ?

I will say that is an issue with your MAC, because, if you are able to access to one location on the Mac book but not from the IMac so the issue is not on the media player.

Check your network settings on IMAC

Are you able to copy files from the Mac Book?

I am using OSX 10.8 and goto NETWORK and connect to the WDTVLivehub using guest

It connects everytime without issues

I connect to my TV Live Hub with an iMac running OS X 10.6.8. Can transfer files just fine, but sometimes the TV Live Hub doesn’t see them right away.

If I am understanding you correctly you have to rescan the media library to get it to see new content when you add new stuff

BAPU65 wrote:

Bought a TV live hub with 1 tb, trying to set it up in the network, failed, osx 10.7 on my imac shows the drive as shared but I get a “connection failed” message, can t copy any files. Shop assistant has no glue what I m, talking about, absolutely useless. Strange thing: Thorugh my mack book I do get access – this seems to be an ongoing problem and there is no support from WD as far as a solution is concerned. Will post this experience on the web to avoid others to buy this product. Any idea ?

I am “EXTREMELY Disappointed” when someone cannot get a new product working with their existing equipment, so they immediately blame the new equipment for their problems and threaten to tell the world the product is bad and not to buy it.

Grow up! 

This was only your second post here, so if you want help from this user-to-user forum, leave out the $mart-A$$ comments.

1 Like