External/Internal HDD Menus and Organization

Hey all,

With an external hard drive attached, the Hub seems to need a way to be able to click on the Video menu and get a compiled list of ALL videos (by folder or however the user configured it). Right now, attaching an external drive adds sub-menus/folder for both the internal and extral drive that must be clicked through to get to the content on each drive. This is VERY annoying. Perhaps I am missing something with a setting, but here is my setup and the issue:

I have about 700GB of movies on the internal drive and 500GB of TV Shows on an external drive. I have selected to display all media on the drives attached to the Hub. Now, when I open the Videos menu, it displays one option for Internal Storage and one for USB storage. Beyond that, I now have to select the USB storage to get to another option to select the external drive by name (MyBook 1TB), then I finally get the TV Show folder. This seems like an avoidable annoyance.

My desired goal would be the same as if it was all on the internal storage: Select the Video menu and there are the choices from all of the attached drives (i.e. Movies AND TV Shows).

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any help.

PS - I have added this to the ideas forum as well (as I think any solution right now is going to be a work around), so please feel free to support it.

Do you have the media library switched on. If you have it should consolidate all the local storage into one display.

I agree with the request.  If the scenario is:

INTERNAL

Movies

Comedy

…

USB

Series

…

When choosing the “folder” view in order to get the sub structure of the movie type or series name, the library will present the media type as the top folder.  Ideally I would prefer to be presented as:

VIDEO

Movies

Comedy

…

Series

…

No need to present the name of the media (WDHub, USB1, etc) and the name of the disk before merging the content folders.

Best,

Marcelo

Media Library is turned on (just checked to make sure).

I am still presented with the root (I believe that is what they would be called) menus before being able to get to my content. I don’t understand why it would be set up that way.