External Drive doesn't show up on Windows Explorer list of drives

I just had to replace my docking station and update some software on my laptops, and now my WD External drive doesn’t show up on the list of drives for my system. I’ve looked in the Device Manager listing and WD My Book 1140 does appear in the Disk Drives segment, and the system reports it working correctly, but I can’t figure out why is doesn’t show up so I can access it. I am on the current version of Windows 10. I would appreciate any assistance in this. Try not to get too techie … you’ll lose me fast. Thanks in advance.

Addition to post … I was online with Geek Squad for several hours with no resolution. The power lite was on, but blinking on/off. Usually it was fairly quick, but there were times it was real slow. Never had a steady light. And in device manager, everything appeared ok, driver said it was the most current, did a firmware update, but it would never appear as an available drive, and it appears that there are zero writeable partitions on the drive. The GS Agent suggested I take to the local Best Buy store and perhaps they can recover the data on the drive, but they assumed that the drive was non-functional and if I wanted to continue to use an external drive, I would need to replace it. Does any of this sound correct?

Hello,

How is the drive showing under disk management?

See if the drive is not getting a letter.

It does not appear at all