Ex4100 32tb keeps dropping off the network

hi all.
i am having trouble with my ex4100 as it keeps disappearing off the network. will work fine for a few hours then it just disappears. the only thing that seems to get it back is unplugging one of the network cables and plugging it back in. it will then work for another few hours only to disappear again.
i have tried plugging directly into the router and also the switch. but neither makes any difference.
we also have a static ip assigned on both the router and nas. When it disappears off the network and i try to navigate to the dashboard it says the device is refusing connection when i try and resolve why it isnt reachable.
im out of ideas so any help is appreciated. i believe we are running the latest firmware.

1 Like

Hi walrus,

You should check after connecting the Ethernet cable of My Cloud in another Ethernet port of Router and then power cycle the device for this concern.

hi brandon, I have tried all 4 ports in both my switch and router but still get this. even after rebooting the device it just disappears. i have turned off drive sleep which helps a little.

not sure if this helps but this is in my log when i cant find the server

Hi walrus,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en
The link below will allow you to call support.

I have the same problem.