EX4 won't revive from standby/sleep mode

I have an EX4 and when the NAS goes into standby/sleep mode I cannot get it to revive without completely power cycling. Pushing the button on the front (momentary and long press) doesn’t get it to respond. The page buttons are still functional though during this time. I’ve had this issue ever since I purchased it.

Are you talking about using a Power Schedule?

Or are you talking about when it’s just idle it puts the drives to sleep?

If the latter,
Can you PING it when it’s in this state?
If not, it has nothing to do with standby/sleep. Something else is going on because it should always respond to PINGs when the drives are idled.

If you CAN ping it, then what exactly is NOT working?

when the drives are idle and they go to sleep. I cannot ping it in this state, it is totally non-responsive.

Does the front panel display give any indication?

Nothing that would indicate a failure. The status page says it’s in standby and healthy.

Also, I turned off the power save feature a few days ago and haven’t had the issue since.

Power save feature?

Do you mean “Drive Sleep?” If so, that’s just flat weird.

I just ssh’d into my box, and I could tell it was asleep (because it has to spin up the drives to let me log in) – took about 10 seconds to spin up and I was in.

Yes, I meant Drive Sleep. Update, after several days of not accessing the server it still encountered the same issue with Drive Sleep off, it was completely non-responsive. The only way to wake-up the NAS was to do a hard power disconnect.