EX4-PLEX: Update install, completely remove app

Hi…

I’m fiddling around with the Plex App. After installation there was an update available, downloaded installed, Plex telling me always there is an update.

I have round about 3.000 Videos and 120.000 MP3 most of them proper tagged, but it seems the scan don’t find all files.

Every access with an Client ended up with heavy disk and cpu load (also if there was for longer period no working disk, so scan should be ready), also during scan the EX4 is still not usable. After feeled 100h, I stopped

So I decided to remove the App and install again, but I found that all configuration is still existent.

So …

How to remove the app completely … how do a proper update … how scan complete database

there is only one music folder with artist and album subfolder, that shouldn’t be a problem

TIA

3Dscrewer wrote:

Hi…

I’m fiddling around with the Plex App. After installation there was an update available, downloaded installed, Plex telling me always there is an update.

What version is actually installed?   2.4.7 is the latest.   My DL4100 shows 2.4.7 and no updates available.

3Dscrewer wrote:

I have round about 3.000 Videos and 120.000 MP3 most of them proper tagged, but it seems the scan don’t find all files.

Well “most of them proper tagged” isn’t going to get you proper scanning then…  And by “proper,” do you mean they’re named according to Plex’s instructions?

3Dscrewer wrote:

Every access with an Client ended up with heavy disk and cpu load (also if there was for longer period no working disk, so scan should be ready), also during scan the EX4 is still not usable

Yes, scanning is CPU intensive, so is transcoding, which it sounds like your clients are requiring.  The EX doesn’t have a very powerful processor, so it’s best to have your videos pre-transcoded to formats supported by your player.

This is the actual DL Version (update) which I have installed manually _ WDMyCloudEX4_plexmediaserver_09121.1079-b655370.bin _

Proper tagged means the Meta-Data is mostly complete incl. Cover Picture. It is for iTunes fine (23.000 Title in iTunes Match), it is for Twonky fine and for most Player a la Winamp &Cie also. I have activated that option that Plex should use this and so far … it does.

I know the transcoding problem because I have used Tonido for a while at an old HP Notebook with a small Centrino.

So I didn’t touch a Video. 

Today I’ve found that the Database was only 7.400 Titles, so I have deleted the Base and started over again. Now I have 7.400 Titles and it is working again very hard, even when I have disabled every available Manager but not the Genre Option, because I  don’t know the right Genre.

Also I have the problem that I use JBOD because I have had some old drives with Data and no Computer. So my first Drive was an older 1TB WDDrive and imho the slowest. Now I suggest that the EX4 is using the first drive for Data … I have to rework that :frowning: