EX4 FTP access Response 553

I installed Joomla but can’t get extensions to install so I tried to FTP the extensions file to the EX4. Can’t do it. In fact I can’t see any files at all after connecting with FTP. What am I doing wrong … or what is WD doing wrong?
Here is a dump from FileZilla:
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Status: Directory listing of “/” successful (I see NO files or folders in this directory)
Status: Retrieving directory listing of “/var/www/joomla/tmp/jce”…
Command: CWD /var/www/joomla/tmp/jce
Response: 553 User not allow (I used my admin account for FTP)
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing
Command: CWD /var
Response: 553 User not allow
Command: CWD /var
Response: 553 User not allow

FileZilla shows no files at all in the / directory.

HELP PLZ!

Hello,

I have not tried this, but lets see if another user can share some information or tips on this matter.

Thank you for your reply; however, I think in user forums if someone who might have an answer to my query sees that there is already a reply they might not bother to add their input (thinking that the question has an answer). So it might be best to pass on a reply unless you have a useful suggestion.

While that is true, bumping a thread provides visibility. Since threads float on new responses, old threads can be easily buried, which will make it difficult for your thread to be seen unless a dedicated User is actively looking for it.

Also, unless a thread is manually marked as “solved” by the original poster then it will generally not be treated as “resolved” by virtue of engagement by the rest of the Community. Actually, “solved” threads tend to generate more traffic based on our metrics; people like to know how a problem was solved so they can implement the answer when needed.

My thread hardly needed a bump as it was only 1 day old and 2nd from the top when bumped.
I would be delighted to mark it as “solved”; but it seems to be veering off into never-never land.
Let me try another approach:
Has anyone who actually owns an EX4 managed to FTP into it and see files in the root directory or any other directory, and if so, would you kindly provide some guidance as to how it was done? And if anyone from WD Support is listening, what does “553 User not allow” mean exactly, the abominable English notwithstanding?

Did you resolve? I have the same issues.

No. I’m beginning to really regret putting out money on this boat anchor.