EX2100 Joining domain problems

I am having real problems joining this device to my domain.  I have tired every combination of names, domain names, etc to try this and each attempt results in a Failure to join the domain message.

Can someone help me with this?  I have considerable networking experience yet I have never had so much trouble joining a device to the network.

Thanks,

Terry

Welcome to the WD Community.

Make sure that the unit is in the same time zone.

Also you can try setting a static ip and the primary DNS is the ip for the domain controller. 

Hello.

I am unable to join the domain too.

My NAS is a WD My Cloud EX2100, firmware version 2.10.302

My domain server (192.168.0.10) is a Windows Server 2003, with all kind of Windows operating systems suscesfully connected.

I’ve set an static IP address to my NAS (192.168.0.11) and the domain address to the server’s

Both the NAS and the Server are in the same time zone (GMT -07:00) and their clocks time are in the same minute.

From the server, I have access to the NAS, so they both are in the same network

Let’s say domain name is COMPANY-CITY and my server name is SERVER.

I’m using administrator user and password. If I try to join simply using my domain name, I get a ‘Improperly formatted domain name. Enter in a fully qualified domain name’

If I write SERVER.COMPANY-CITY I get the following error (translated from spanish) ‘Error while joining the domain. Invalid setting (“realm” set to SERVER.COMPANY-CITY, should be ‘COMPANY-CITY’) Didn’t ask to modify’

What can I do?

Thank you.

I have exactly the same problem like Zamorano. Please help!

Hmm, no solution about this ?

I have the same problem, too, any update on this issue ?